Weird call at the end of the game

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
That was really, really poor officiating. Make a call and stick with it. I would've been annoyed if they granted KSU the timeout, but at least it could be justified. Taking the amount of time they did to discuss it, giving KSU a free timeout, giving KSU the ball, and then not taking away their timeout is just terrible.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I think the one official blew the whistle because the K-State player was signaling for time out as he was flying out of bounds. Then he realized that you can’t call a timeout to save you from going out of bounds. Instead of just giving it to ISU like they should have, they called it an inadvertent whistle. Since K-State was in possession at the time the whistle blew they give it to the wildcats. **** that ****.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Supposedly the KSU player was yelling timeout before his feet left the floor, when the ref blew his whistle. But the player didn't signal for the timeout till his feet were in the air and he was going to land out of bounds.

For a timeout to count, it must be signaled, and cannot be called while the player is heading OB.

That makes it an inadvertent whistle, and the ball goes to the team that had possession at the time of the whistle.

The ref screwed up by whistling without a signal.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
The ref blew his whistle to give KState a timeout, then realized he blew it early because the player didn't have control of the ball yet, and by the time he did have control he was jumping out of bounds. A timeout can't be granted while a player is jumping out of bounds. But, since he blew his whistle, they determined it was an An "inadvertant" and gave the ball to KState, I believe in a jump ball. So, KState essentially got a free timeout out of the deal and got possession. Without the whistle the timeout would not have been granted and it would have been our ball. Like others have said...incompetence.

Last edited:

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Supposedly the KSU player was yelling timeout before his feet left the floor, when the ref blew his whistle. But the player didn't signal for the timeout till his feet were in the air and he was going to land out of bounds.

For a timeout to count, it must be signaled, and cannot be called while the player is heading OB.

That makes it an inadvertent whistle, and the ball goes to the team that had possession at the time of the whistle.

The ref screwed up by whistling without a signal.

This is wrong wrong wrong.

It doesn't have to be an inadvertent whistle. When a team doesn't have a timeout and the whistle is blown it isn't a timeout it is a T. If the whistle is blown when the player is in the air it isn't inadvertent it is a turnover.

This is where the case book comes into play and not just the rule book. Come at me Blum.

It was a terrible decision by Kipp Kissinger, and I really didn't like his smug ass walking over to TJ after the Walker got the steal and tried to bate TJ, that was horse ****. Kissinger should be sat down for a while especially when he thinks he is God and T's people quicker than any official

Last edited:
Reactions: isutrevman