Help: Weird thing/embedded gif

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
For some reason when I look at the site on my phone I have a GIF of Cory monteith playing at the top of every thread. Honestly its comical and probably something wrong I did but it's also a little creepy. I'll try and post a pic if I can figure out how.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
This is one of the most annoying bugs, next to ads redirecting to the App Store, but unfortunately both are bugs in mobile Safari and uncontrollable. The issue here is that images get cached and Safari pulls them in place of other images (ie the CF logo in your example).

I've seen this happen every day since 8.1.0 but just updated to 8.1.3 that came out yesterday and am crossing my fingers it's fixed, but not holding my breath. This same bug occurred for several versions of iOS 5.x and was fixed until around 8.1.0. The only semi-fix is to send no cache http headers on every page view but that would kill the server and bandwidth almost immediately.

There will be times with this bug where literally every place there should be any kind of image is replaced with a random image so you'll see 200 of the same pic in place of avatars, buttons, new post links, etc.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
This is one of the most annoying bugs, next to ads redirecting to the App Store, but unfortunately both are bugs in mobile Safari and uncontrollable. The issue here is that images get cached and Safari pulls them in place of other images (ie the CF logo in your example).

I've seen this happen every day since 8.1.0 but just updated to 8.1.3 that came out yesterday and am crossing my fingers it's fixed, but not holding my breath. This same bug occurred for several versions of iOS 5.x and was fixed until around 8.1.0. The only semi-fix is to send no cache http headers on every page view but that would kill the server and bandwidth almost immediately.

There will be times with this bug where literally every place there should be any kind of image is replaced with a random image so you'll see 200 of the same pic in place of avatars, buttons, new post links, etc.

I experience this, too. Not with Cory Monteith, alas.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
This is one of the most annoying bugs, next to ads redirecting to the App Store, but unfortunately both are bugs in mobile Safari and uncontrollable. The issue here is that I'm using Safari and not Chrome.

Issue fixed.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I experience this, too. Not with Cory Monteith, alas.

As will I. I sometimes have Kelly Kapowski showing up as everyone's avatar and with every replied quote in there as well.

Not complaining of seeing Kelly tho.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron