Info: Welcome Ian Smith to the CF team

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Welcome to the team and I look forward to reading his writings. I seriously believe that we can learn from the success of the EIU football team - hopefully he can share some insights from his experience as a fan. There's nothing wrong learning good things from a successful program. (Yes, this is not a joke, as much as I don't like the Hawkeyes, there could be some things we can learn from them)

Wait - what? What lessons on being a "fan" do we need to know?

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Wait - what? What lessons on being a "fan" do we need to know?

How to and where to get the cheapest tickets to New Year's Day bowl :jimlad:
I honestly want to know from the Hawks fans perspective, why the program is so successful, just plain fact without "because we're the only team in the state" or something similar to that.

Illiniclone

Jan 20, 2009
I have known Ian for over 20 years now, good get for Chris. He actually graduated from Iowa so he's not your loud and obnoxious red neck squawk fan, that is until you get a couple cocktails in him. All kidding aside, Ian knows a lot about sports and will work his butt off even if it means giving Iowa State the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
How to and where to get the cheapest tickets to New Year's Day bowl :jimlad:
I honestly want to know from the Hawks fans perspective, why the program is so successful, just plain fact without "because we're the only team in the state" or something similar to that.

I guess I don't think a Hawkeye "fan" would know anymore about the program than we do. An ex-player, yes...

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I have known Ian for over 20 years now, good get for Chris. He actually graduated from Iowa so he's not your loud and obnoxious red neck squawk fan, that is until you get a couple cocktails in him. All kidding aside, Ian knows a lot about sports and will work his butt off even if it means giving Iowa State the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

good to know a writer writing for a cyclone fan site will "give Iowa State the benefit of the doubt sometimes" ... that sounds really awesome! :rolleyes:

ISUCY11

Aug 3, 2006
Chicago, IL
Good find Chris. I also went to school with Ian growing up, and despite his Hawk upbringing, he actually knew A LOT about sports. Good solid guy who has hopefully seen the (cardinal and gold) light.

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
I hope this means more articles more off the time because if im not surrounded in ISU articles I wont make it until kickoff September 2.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
So we get owners who are pro-hawk and now a new reporter who is pro-hawk? Maybe this merging of Hawkeyenation and Cyclonefanatic may become reality...

clone

Co-Owner
May 12, 2008
Owners who are pro-Hawk? Are you serious? That might be the most ignorant statement I have EVER read on a message board.

I decided to ignore that comment b/c those words could not be further from the truth! CW- unless you know something about bl and lou that I don't:wideeyed:

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I decided to ignore that comment b/c those words could not be further from the truth! CW- unless you know something about bl and lou that I don't:wideeyed:

Yeah no kidding. You three are some of the biggest supporters that Iowa State athletics have right now...but you know, CyDude doesn't agree.

For the record, I am 100 percent responsible for hiring Ian Smith to freelance for us.

Why? Because I needed a journalist to help out. I wanted the most professional guy/gal I could find...That was Ian. As a matter of fact, many people at Iowa State recommended him to me, believe it or not.

Ian is legit and he's also very talented.

So if you guys want to kill anyone, kill me. Leave the three others out of it.