Well this is embarrassing...

CONEClone

Dec 16, 2009
Ames
Their last championship was the same year I was born...if you're bragging about banners on the wall perhaps they should be more recent?

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Once again, a school that was relevant back before the kids that made this video were born...

At this point, IU basketball might as well be Rice football.

As long as you can also point your finger at ISU and say that. Indiana was the runner up in 2002 and has made a NCAA appearance much more recently than ISU. IU has had some down years, but they are a storied program.

I'm not a IU fan, but if ISU had the success that they IU had I would be upset if a fan of less storied program made your comments.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Once again, a school that was relevant back before the kids that made this video were born...

At this point, IU basketball might as well be Rice football.
You seem to be forgetting their appearance in the national title game in 2002. I don't see any 10 year-olds in this video.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
As long as you can also point your finger at ISU and say that. Indiana was the runner up in 2002 and has made a NCAA appearance much more recently than ISU. IU has had some down years, but they are a storied program.

I'm not a IU fan, but if ISU had the success that they IU had I would be upset if a fan of less storied program made your comments.

I don't remember them talking about 02. But I do remember them showing the 87 banner quite a few times.

Honestly, I just get tired of people talking about how good their school used to be or how bad another school used to be. Its one thing if you personally were a fan at the time the school was good, but a bunch of wins in the 40s and 50s doesn't mean anything anymore. All that matters is what your school is currently doing and what they have done in the recent, not ancient, past.

H

Hugs4ISU

All that matters is what your school is currently doing and what they have done in the recent, not ancient, past.

I guess that means we pretty well suck, then. Because we've NEVER had success beyond the elite-8, either recently or otherwise.