We're not the only group getting tired of the QB Battle

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Who cares about Texas QB battle? I hope they struggle all year at the QB position and we pound them.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Jantz will be named the starter Saturday, and that will give him 2 full weeks at running exclusively with the first team offense.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
Who cares about Texas QB battle? I hope they struggle all year at the QB position and we pound them.

I don't think anyone cares about their QB battle but them. Just like no one cares about our battle but us. My point was simply their fan base, media supporters, etc. are starting to see the battle as counter-productive at this point of fall camp. There are plenty in our camp that feel the same way. It has nothing to do with the decision CPR is making. It's just our personal feelings.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
I agree with the Jantz prediction, he brings more excitement and playmaking to the offense. If he cuts down on the bad decisions, the offense will be very effective.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
If he does that's good. At least we'll have a direction.

Yeah, that's where I'm at too. I just want a starter named so the team can adapt and the starter can get the majority of the snaps from here on out.

If it's Barnett, awesome. I thought the offense ran more effectively with him starting last year.

If it's Jantz, I'm okay with it. Hopefully another year in the system will have improved his mental errors and given him time to adjust to being a Big XII quarterback.

If it's Richardson... fair enough. I guess it's a good thing he was able to beat out two QBs with starting experience?

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
My biggest issue with the QB battle is that how tiresome the second guessing gets before, during, and after each game.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Count me as one that is tired or the ongoing debate- but I also feel for the players in the competition. Working hard everyday to try and be the guy, weight of the world hanging on each mistake, etc. Never been through that high a pressure situation in an athletic setting - but I guess the coaching staff thinks the elongated battles must be good for development and since they are still battling - development can't be a bad thing either I guess.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If one qb was better, he would have been named by now....sounds like all three are the same.....

Sloup

Nov 14, 2009
Ames, IA
The only reason I'm tired of it is that there's nothing new to talk about from the fan perspective that we didn't talk about in the spring.

We've got two guys with almost completely different styles that generate similar production statistically. Are we going to be a team that takes more risks in an attempt to generate big plays in the passing game, or one that dinks, dunks, and scrambles the way down the field? We'll find out whenever CPR names the starting QB.

That has been the conversation for 6 months.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Jantz will be named the starter Saturday, and that will give him 2 full weeks at running exclusively with the first team offense.

Just FYI CW just posted an article that the starter won't be decided until they can evaluate game tape of the last scrimmage, but he did say that they would have a pretty good idea on the Monday after.