What are our chances at Nebraska tomorrow?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'll admit I don't follow the ladies as closely as I should, but they are playing at NE tomorrow and if they win they'll be 8-8 which will be a tremendous accomplishment based on the hardships the team has had this year.

I know they are in the tourney in the bracketology sites and whatnot, but do they still have work to do? Can they get in with a losing Big 12 record, if they lose tomorrow? If they do lose, will they have to win some Big 12 tourney games to play their way in?

Just curious at this point. I hope they make it. I think it'd set them up well for next year when they get everybody back and hopefully they can make a big run next year with more experience for the backups and hopefully a healthy Ross and Weiben.

Oldgeezer

Mar 18, 2006
Waukon, Iowa
Slim and None. Nebraska is good, and Connie Yori knows how to beat Bill's teams But, Bryce and other Cyclone fans, you are missing a good thing if you are not following this team. They play the best defense of any of Bill's teams, take care of the ball, and never give up. And they will get an invite if they do nothing more this season. The Big 12 is very good, and deep.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I believe they beat us at home this year right after our second injury to Weiben? I definately think they can do it. They have played with the BEST Big XII teams without Ross and Weiben. I would expect them to do it again. Hopefully they can win 2 games in the Big XII tourney.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
All I gotta say, is that Bill Fennelly is sitting on our bench. You bet we can win this. Go Cyclones!

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
i think we can win this game... this is a huge game tho.. tourny or no tourny this year.. BF def did an outstanding job coaching, and the players stepped up big time, and i think the entire team has grown alot this year...

but i have a random ?

with Ross now coming back next year (as far as we know) does that mean the scholly we had is now taken again? or how does that stuff work?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I believe they beat us at home this year right after our second injury to Weiben? I definately think they can do it. They have played with the BEST Big XII teams without Ross and Weiben. I would expect them to do it again. Hopefully they can win 2 games in the Big XII tourney.

Yes, they beat us at Hilton, but that was with Nebraska shooting 110% from the field. They simply couldn't miss that night. At the 15:00 mark of the first half it was already 21-5 because they kept hitting 3s. We definitely fought ourselves back, but like the men, they couldn't get over the hump.

j_crow

Oct 24, 2007
Ames, IA
but i have a random ?

with Ross now coming back next year (as far as we know) does that mean the scholly we had is now taken again? or how does that stuff work?

Ashley Arlen (Fr.)
Whitney Williams (Fr.)
Alexis Yackley (Fr.)
Kelsey Bolte (So.)
Anna Florzak (Jr.)
Alison Lacey (Jr.)
Brittany Lange (Jr.)
Genesis Lightbourne (Jr.)
Shellie Mosman (Jr.)
Denae Stuckey (Jr.)
Jocelyn Anderson (Sr.)
Heather Ezell (Sr.)
Amanda Nisleit (Sr.)
Toccara Ross (Sr.)
Nicky Wieben (Sr.)

Yeah, Toccara should still be on scholarship as we only had 14 scholarship players slated to be here for 2008-09 before she got her medical redshirt (out of the allowed 15). Basically what is happening is Toccara is taking the scholarship left by Gillian Bjerke when she left the team at semester. I believe this is correct at least...someone more in the know can correct me if I'm wrong...

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
You have it correct. I think.

Next year's squad should be fun to watch.

4cyt

Jun 19, 2006
Ashley Arlen (Fr.)
Whitney Williams (Fr.)
Alexis Yackley (Fr.)
Kelsey Bolte (So.)
Anna Florzak (Jr.)
Alison Lacey (Jr.)
Brittany Lange (Jr.)
Genesis Lightbourne (Jr.)
Shellie Mosman (Jr.)
Denae Stuckey (Jr.)
Jocelyn Anderson (Sr.)
Heather Ezell (Sr.)
Amanda Nisleit (Sr.)
Toccara Ross (Sr.)
Nicky Wieben (Sr.)

Yeah, Toccara should still be on scholarship as we only had 14 scholarship players slated to be here for 2008-09 before she got her medical redshirt (out of the allowed 15). Basically what is happening is Toccara is taking the scholarship left by Gillian Bjerke when she left the team at semester. I believe this is correct at least...someone more in the know can correct me if I'm wrong...

The only correction is that Brittany Lange is a walk on and therefore not using a scholarship.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
what this game comes down to is if the 3 is falling for us and if theres isnt...

also if we can keep the game in the 60s i think that will be in our favor

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The game is on in Public TV on NET1 in Omaha. Maybe channelsurfing can pick it up.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
I was just curious, Is anyone going to be making the trip over to Lincoln? I read a post that said that Cyclone Alley is taking 50 students. I am taking off here pretty soon and going with 4 of my buddies!! Go Clones!!