What did Otz screw up this game

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Highly disappointed he didn't get Omaha in for 40 minutes. Clearly should have known we were going to win and had him getting 40 mins of experience.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Thought I would save ZRF’s time and start the thread for him.;)

I said in the game thread that Otz managed his rotations fairly well.

Personally I would have preferred he yanked Lipsey sooner during that horrific stretch in the 2nd half. Ultimately he DID pull him and put Gilbert at point (Lipsey took it well and played much better upon coming back in).

The big change is at the end where, especially with the lead, I would have Ward and Watson out there, along with Cujo, Gilbert, and Lipsey. Have your best and most mobile unit that can track, rebound, and most importantly defend against the 3. When you have a big lead the only way you can lose it is with bad defense. Personally I think TJ too often puts less than optimal units in during these particular situations.

Ultimately FTs kept this game from getting too close to where those small mistakes didn't factor in.

This is a dumb thread today. You can close it.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
I said in the game thread that Otz managed his rotations fairly well.

Personally I would have preferred he yanked Lipsey sooner during that horrific stretch in the 2nd half. Ultimately he DID pull him and put Gilbert at point (Lipsey took it well and played much better upon coming back in).

The big change is at the end where, especially with the lead, I would have Ward and Watson out there, along with Cujo, Gilbert, and Lipsey. Have your best and most mobile unit that can track, rebound, and most importantly defend against the 3. When you have a big lead the only way you can lose it is with bad defense. Personally I think TJ too often puts less than optimal units in during these particular situations.

Ultimately FTs kept this game from getting too close to where those small mistakes didn't factor in.

This is a dumb thread today. You can close it.
I’m disappointed in you. You are starting to weaken as the season drags on. Although you did notice that Linsey took the benching well when he got yanked and played better given the chance.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Come on people. Get back on topic.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Wears a cardinal shirt on Gold Rules day.

....On 2nd thought...that's probably the most Iowa State thing you can do. I'll allow it.
Although the shirt was small and tight, it was not TOO small and TOO tight. Allison needs to throw his shirts in the dryer for longer, so there was screw ups by both Otzs.

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
With 40 seconds left in the first half. TJ called his use it or lose it timeout. TCU had to go the length of the floor with 7 seconds on the shot clock. I thought TJ would slap on a full court press and make it hard for TCU to get anything but a contested 3.

He went token press and TCU hit a ten footer in the paint. Then last possession before half. Gilbert dribbles around and launches a contested 3.

Bad timeout usage. :jimlad:

Reactions: CYDJ

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Blew a seventeen point lead to only win by twelve at home. Will probably lose every game the rest of the way.

Didn't close out the game like the other wins.

Keep this up and the season might end some time.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What in the world is this thread

It's a thread mocking CFers like ZRF who state, without evidence, that TJ makes a bunch of bad decisions and makes them arbitrarily during wins.

Also says stuff like how players that contribute shouldn't be playing.

Reactions: WISCY1895

Help Support Us

Become a patron