What did you drink before the good stuff?

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
Michelob Golden and Michelob Golden Light

Then Leini's Honey Weiss

Then Boulevard Wheat

Then I never looked back.

The only time I ever drink anything other than craft beer now is if I'm back in my hometown with only 3 or 4 beer options (all bud or miller) at the local pubs.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Hawkeye Vodka -> UV Vodka -> Busch Light -> Bud Light

I'm towards the end of my Bud Light drinking but trying to hold onto it as long as I can while paying off student loans and saving for wedding. Hoping I can get one more year out of it before I switch to something better.

I think we're pretty close with weddings (Aug of 15 for me). All I've been thinking about is all the other stuff I could be using this money for... Which then causes me to want to drink even more. It's gonna be a long 8 months. I've been using whiskey for the most part.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Michelob Golden and Michelob Golden Light

Then Leini's Honey Weiss

Then Boulevard Wheat

Then I never looked back.

The only time I ever drink anything other than craft beer now is if I'm back in my hometown with only 3 or 4 beer options (all bud or miller) at the local pubs.

You haven't been back in awhile.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I think we're pretty close with weddings (Aug of 15 for me). All I've been thinking about is all the other stuff I could be using this money for... Which then causes me to want to drink even more. It's gonna be a long 8 months. I've been using whiskey for the most part.

Yes, August for me as well. We figured out the financials of where we're at last night. I just sat there and looked at the screen for a good 10 minutes afterwards. Upping the wedding account contributions in January after paying off one loan in December. The other loan will have to wait until after the wedding.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
We drank Ice House in college. Case of bottles was $8.99 at Cub Foods.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Drank Keystone Light by the Keg early years in college. Went through 100 first semester of sophomore year, primarily Keystone since it was always on sale at Keg Shop.... now I realize it is the weakest, crappiest, most girliest beer on the planet.

Helluva lot of Natty Light and Natty Ice too. In high school, we would buy warm natty light by the case at pharmacy in town.... choke down a couple while it was cooling down, that is some rough stuff.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Since you said "good stuff", I assume you are talking about whiskey. I used to drink Jack a lot in college. Occasionally would go with Canadian Club. Never really went much for anything cheaper than that.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
30 pack of Stroh's went for $7.99 when I was a freshman. Terrible, terrible beer, but could not pass the price up. All you had to do was choke down the first 3. It tasted like heaven after that. Roommates and I drank enough to wallpaper our kitchen within the first month.

DumbFan

Mar 15, 2009
Central Iowa
Anyone remember Gleuks? Terrible Canadian beer on fire sale I believe. Also Sparks one night. Got diarrhea after slamming like 6 18 oz cans...

Regularly keystone ice though. Tasted like battery acid.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Flame away, but disliked beer until I was in my mid-20s.

SOOO, I'd grab a Zima in college...you know, "Zomething Different" :)

Help Support Us

Become a patron