what do you think?

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
Why should the media be allowed into the locker room in the first place? Is that the only way they can talk to players post game?

sure, if they start allowing male reporters in women's locker rooms, otherwise, no.

If you read the article, you'll find that men are, in fact, allowed in women's locker rooms.

Men are, indeed, allowed in women's locker rooms. Driving into work on Monday I heard a nationally syndicated radio commentator lamenting the fact that he couldn't go in women's locker rooms. Apparently he's never attempted to cover women's sports -- sadly, not too surprising. But as this particular radio talker works for a network that covers both the WNBA and the women's NCAA basketball tournament -- and also employs several high profile women sports reporters -- you'd think he might have checked his facts.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ann_killion/09/14/reporters/index.html#ixzz0zdYXYYKU

Last edited:

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
Why should the media be allowed into the locker room in the first place? Is that the only way they can talk to players post game?

If you read the article, you'll find that men are, in fact, allowed in women's locker rooms.

This is my opinion. The locker room should be for the team only.

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
true. who wants to meet there favorite NFL athlete naked? NOT me. Now if i was a reporter for womens tennis thats a different story.

so if you were a women's tennis reporter, then you'd be okay with seeing your favorite NFL athlete naked?:twitcy:

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
should female reporters be allowed in the NFL locker rooms?

No. What the **** did she think was going to happen when she went into a locker room? I mean, she is a former miss universe contestant. What does she think a locker room is? A place where the football players go to have a cup of tea and do their make-up? Has she never heard the term 'locker room stories'? Locker room stories are told in high school by high school athletes, some of whom go on to become college athletes, some of whom go on to become NFL athletes.

Not that male reporters should be in the locker room either, but that is a different issue.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
No. What the **** did she think was going to happen when she went into a locker room? I mean, she is a former miss universe contestant. What does she think a locker room is? A place where the football players go to have a cup of tea and do their make-up? Has she never heard the term 'locker room stories'? Locker room stories are told in high school by high school athletes, some of whom go on to become college athletes, some of whom go on to become NFL athletes.

Not that male reporters should be in the locker room either, but that is a different issue.
Exactly, we can't expect athletes to play sports AND not sexually assault women, one or the other people, one or the other.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Exactly, we can't expect athletes to play sports AND not sexually assault women, one or the other people, one or the other.

No, but thank you for putting words in my mouth. No assault occured. They were hitting on her, that is it. End of story. Unless you choose not to believe what she said.

In my opinion, I never felt I was attacked," the Mexican sportscaster told Spanish-language program DeporTV on Monday.

Ines Sainz (PICTURES): What Happened to Reporter Inside NY Jets Locker Room? - Crimesider - CBS News