What has happened to Lucious?

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
What a time to lose his composure. I thought it was just a little slump against Oklahoma and was surprised that he played the same way if not worse in this game. He seemed out of control and forced so many shots. I could tell he was down on himself and his teammates tried to pick him up but I think it really hurt our chances as the game wore on.

Last edited:

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
Re: What has happenned to Lucious?

No doubt he's hurting right now. I hope he can just take a few deep breaths over these next few days and relax a little bit. I think that would do him worlds of good.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN

Not scoring, but you realize he had 9 assists yesterday and 7 tonight. He will be just fine.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN

I also think that he started to get it back at the end of the game. He'll be back for the dance. That layup dropping in after hanging on the rim was huge, and the three before that should make things come together. He frankly was just out there trying too hard. Not going to fault him for that. There is no question we are a better team with him on the floor.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006

Oklahoma game his shot was off, today he pressed hard and it affected the other portions of his game and the results were tough to watch. He is a player and he will bounce back.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Kind of reverted back to early season form, he's pressing because these are his last games to showcase what he can do to everyone. Fred played this right, he showed KL he's not afraid to sit him and he showed him he will stick with him tonight, it's up to KL now. I think he'll shine in the dance.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
I don't know, he looked awful. He made tons of critical turnovers. Will Clyburn only plays well at Hilton. He's pretty worthless elsewhere. I don't care that he had 17 yesterday, he's so inconsistent its unreal

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
This is the 100 million dollar question. Lucious is what puts everything together. If he plays bad, we're out in the first round. If he plays good, sky is the limit. Hopefully Hoiberg can figure this one out quick.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Trying too hard, and forcing things. A couple of days off will probably help him.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
He is just not contributing with his own scoring, but he still is helping the scoring of others. He's also had six steals in the last two games. What does concern me is that he fell back into the turnover bug a little tonight. Hopefully, he can shake it off once the NCAA starts.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Kind of reverted back to early season form, he's pressing because these are his last games to showcase what he can do to everyone. Fred played this right, he showed KL he's not afraid to sit him and he showed him he will stick with him tonight, it's up to KL now. I think he'll shine in the dance.

I'm sure he'll bounce back we definitely need him that's for sure. No doubt there's an awful lot of pressure on the point guard. Oh, by the way I still hate Kansas and Bill Self is not the coach I though he was.

TurbulentEddie

Nov 16, 2012
Madison, WI
Lucious was good with the assists last two games. I think the turnovers are frustrating him more than Hoiberg, if that's even possible. I think some of his TOs (like when he tried to get it in the post to Ejim) are more on the other players, though, with the poor movement/positioning in the half court at times. But his confidence is not where it could be... he doesn't usually lose the handle on the fast breaks like he did tonight.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I am sick of people ripping on Korie. He is a good point guard. Players have droughts, bad games etc. I promise you we take him for granted. Watch when we don't have him next year. I can just hear all the criticism Bubu will get next year... lol

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
His head was not in the game. After running into the back of another Cyclone at half court, he throws the ball away and then committs and intentional. I was yelling at the tube saying-- Fred you've got to get him out of there, knowing that we can't win without him. He's got to come up big in the tourney.