What Iowa State players have a chance of being drafted in the next few years?

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
RAS is a solid predictive measure for certain positions. I believe it impacts TE, OL, and RB primarily. I’d actually say more GMs (at least the savvy ones) are now looking at in-game speed measured by MPH rather than a 40 yard dash or other combine drills.

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
So when you look at what players will get drafted high. Start with, what players will likely have a high RAS score, then look at premium positions (QB, OT, Edge, CB) as those positions will get drafted higher early
I mean, look at Will McDonald last year. Or Breece the year before. It was no wonder they had excellent draft stock. Breece only wasn’t a first rounder due to the position.

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
I hope I'm wrong, but I fully expect our 4-year draft streak to come to an end in 2025. I'm just not as high on Noel as a lot of others are. Again, I hope I'm wrong.
I mean that would mean Noel, Higgins, Freyler all go undrafted. And all of Onyedim, Orange, Cooper and Verdon either don’t declare or go undrafted.

I don’t see that being likely. Someone gets drafted next year.

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
I feel like combine numbers will be a strength for him. His size/speed combo is freakish. Where he’ll get hurt is his coverage film and then injury history. But I kind of feel like some team is going to put 10 lbs on him and turn him into a LB.
With Freyler, I think people place parallels between him and Eisworth.

Freyler could wind up having limitations at the next level, but I don’t think this is an Eisworth situation where he simply has no shot. Freyler is way more athletically gifted. Eisworth had some major limits there.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
I thought the OL transfer from Princeton that gets here this summer is draft prospect (Travis?)

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
I thought the OL transfer from Princeton that gets here this summer is draft prospect (Travis?)

To early to tell on that. at 6'9 315, generally that's not an ideal tackle height. I'd have to see him play at the P5 level and evaluate from there. See how he moves, see his PFF grades, As a tackle, the pass pro is far more important than run blocking

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Just a question for people who might be more in the know: Does J. Kohl have any chance developing into a decent QB with an outside shot of playing professionally?

CyinLimbo

Apr 11, 2024
Chicago area
Some of the mock drafts have initial 2025 projections (guesses) out. PFN (Pro Football Network) has quite a few Cyclones mentioned. The number is their overall rank - not positional.

Tyler Onyedim - DT - 30
Jeremiah Cooper - S - 88
Jaylin Noel - WR - 118
Jayden Higgins - WR - 124
Malik Verdon - S - 141
Myles Purchase - CB - 151
Jalen Travis - OT - 215 (still lists him as Princeton)

Cyghhh

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 18, 2022
Linebacker
I'm actually surprised Freyler hasn't been moved to LB for us...his body has almost grown out of a safety's. He's the 2nd heaviest db on the team and that's because Verdon has 2 inches on him.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I'm actually surprised Freyler hasn't been moved to LB for us...his body has almost grown out of a safety's. He's the 2nd heaviest db on the team and that's because Verdon has 2 inches on him.
I would think Freyler’s position in the NFL would be LB. He has the size. Speed would be the question.