What is the Greatest Soundtrack Ever?

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
If my high school days were any indication I remember playing the #$%^ out of my Twister soundtrack cd in my car. Between Goo Goo Dolls, Shania Twain, Red Hot Chilly Peppers and Van Halen there was something on that for everyone and every occasion.

CyJam

Apr 10, 2006
Denver, CO
I've always had a soft spot for the Wonder Boys soundtrack.

1. "Things Have Changed" - Bob Dylan (5:10)
  2. "A Child's Claim to Fame" - Buffalo Springfield (2:12)
  3. "No Regrets" - Tom Rush (3:52)
  4. "Old Man" - Neil Young (3:23)
  5. "Shooting Star" - Bob Dylan (3:09)
  6. "Reason to Believe" – Tim Hardin (2:00)
  7. "Need Your Love So Bad" - Little Willie John (2:17)
  8. "Not Dark Yet" - Bob Dylan (6:30)
  9. "Slip Away" - Clarence Carter (2:32)
  10. "Waiting for the Miracle" - Leonard Cohen (7:43)
  11. "Buckets of Rain" - Bob Dylan (3:23)
  12. "Watching the Wheels" - John Lennon (3:32)
  13. "Philosophers Stone" - Van Morrison (6:03)

Reactions: cyguy9320

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
If my high school days were any indication I remember playing the #$%^ out of my Twister soundtrack cd in my car. Between Goo Goo Dolls, Shania Twain, Red Hot Chilly Peppers and Van Halen there was something on that for everyone and every occasion.
Trivia: What was the theme song for the "Flying Cow ?"

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Star Wars has a great soundtrack. A lot of people like Gladiator's soundtrack.
Star Wars is my all time favorite. John Williams in general owns the instrumental score category. Star Wars, Jaws, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, ET, Close Encounters, Superman, Saving Private Ryan, Schindlers List, Home Alone. All of those are amazing, and there's a lot more. Sometimes I wonder if he could be considered the greatest modern composer.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Kind of a Space Lord tangent, but going from GOTG to Talladega Nights. Ricky Bobby tearing around the track to Audioslave "Cochise" and Monster Magnet "Space Lord" got my respect for whoever wrote those 2 in. Another great soundtrack.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Star Wars is my all time favorite. John Williams in general owns the instrumental score category. Star Wars, Jaws, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, ET, Close Encounters, Superman, Saving Private Ryan, Schindlers List, Home Alone. All of those are amazing, and there's a lot more. Sometimes I wonder if he could be considered the greatest modern composer.

Everything Ennio Morricone is staggering, they gave the guy an oscar out of the blue one year just realizing how bad they screwed up that he didn't have ten. Most famous for westerns like The Good, The Bad and The Ugly but stuff like Malena is more traditional emotional score and can make me cry listening to parts of it. If we were talking score/soundtrack combination I might put Malena or Once Upon a Time in the West as my #1. Would link to some Malena soundtrack youtube but the visual would derail the thread ;-)

Reactions: NorthCyd

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Trivia: What was the theme song for the "Flying Cow ?"
Hhmmm........Long Way Down by the Goo Goo Dolls? Pure guess. I'm going back a few years, but I think that was the song that was playing when the ex wife had her freak out moment.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
I said several. I don't think you can pick "just one".

If you made me pick? Pop music soundtrack that contained mostly original music (that came out and around the movie) would probably have to be Rocky IV. Favorite instrumental would probably be the Conan movies (love Poledouris' scores). Best compilation soundtrack is any Vietnam movie that contains the most of the Animals' "We Gotta Get Out of this Place", Hendrix's version of "All Along the Watchtower", "Fortunate Son" and "Gimme Shelter". Since those songs are so synonymous with the Vietnam War and are in a **** ton of movies I'm to lazy to look up which one is the best.

Worst soundtrack is the Bodyguard. Simply ******* brutal.
You forgot Purple Haze from Apocalypse Now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron