What kind of beer do CFers want for tailgate season (w/ Barn Town)?

What kind of beer should we make?

• Light (pilsner, etc.)

Votes: 40 22.0%
  • Wheat

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • A lighter IPA

Votes: 31 17.0%
  • A wheat or IPA with a fruit flavor

Votes: 19 10.4%
  • A heavy IPA with a lot of bite

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A red ale

Votes: 47 25.8%
  • A brown ale

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Dark and heavy

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I created a poll here.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2HQC2HD

Will post the same one right here and I'll compile results and narrow some things down. Would really love for you guys to give specifics underneath here. We'll narrow things down over the next week. This will be really cool. A few of you will have the opportunity to come and brew the beer with me. You guys are going to get to name the beer. So much fun!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I think just as much of a question as what type do people want, could be 'what do people not want'

From the last thread, there were a lot of votes for 'Anything but an IPA'. I can enjoy a good IPA in small doses but its so overdone right now.

A red ale could be good year-round (put my vote for that), as could a good wheat beer. A marzen\oktoberfest would fit well for fall.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I voted lighter but please don’t take that as bud light. Something Bavarian is what I picture. Strong flavors but still crushable

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
I know a lot of people don't want a NEIPA, but honestly, they're BarnTown's biggest strength. Now, you don't have to go all the way to IPA, but a NE Pale Ale would have the same hops as a NEIPA, but less of them. This would satisfy a lot of the requests/complaints in this and the other thread. 5-6%, not too heavy, but still has a good flavor. It would be a waste to have BarnTown make a pilsner.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I know a lot of people don't want a NEIPA, but honestly, they're BarnTown's biggest strength. Now, you don't have to go all the way to IPA, but a NE Pale Ale would have the same hops as a NEIPA, but less of them. This would satisfy a lot of the requests/complaints in this and the other thread. 5-6%, not too heavy, but still has a good flavor. It would be a waste to have BarnTown make a pilsner.
x1000

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I would go red/Amber that's a little hoppy. Honestly, for Cyclones, you can't go wrong with the color, it's a fitting beer for fall and this style falls into the 5-5.5% range for ABV, so you don't have to worry about getting tanked if you have more than 2.

I've been home brewing for years and by far, the beer that everyone enjoys, from Bud Light drinkers to Hop Heads is the Amber Ale I brew. It's hoppier than a pilsner, but no where near IPA levels and it has a nice nutty finish to suffice those looking for something more than a typical American Light Lager.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
I would go red/Amber that's a little hoppy. Honestly, for Cyclones, you can't go wrong with the color, it's a fitting beer for fall and this style falls into the 5-5.5% range for ABV, so you don't have to worry about getting tanked if you have more than 2.

I've been home brewing for years and by far, the beer that everyone enjoys, from Bud Light drinkers to Hop Heads is the Amber Ale I brew. It's hoppier than a pilsner, but no where near IPA levels and it has a nice nutty finish to suffice those looking for something more than a typical American Light Lager.

I'd agree with that or would like to see an Oktoberfest style beer.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron