what should i expect to pay for an isu/owa ticket

AllIowaTeams

Jun 10, 2010
Grimes
Stubhub is a crock. I would never use stubhub for anything. You'll pay twice as much as you would on ebay or craigslist. You should be able to find a ticket for $100 or less.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Stubhub is a crock. I would never use stubhub for anything. You'll pay twice as much as you would on ebay or craigslist. You should be able to find a ticket for $100 or less.

I've been to the last 3 at Kinnick, never paid more than $100 for a ticket. Looks like right now people are a little over $100, that should come down as we get closer to gameday.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
here's what i don't get. scalping tickets on site on game day is illegal. but essentially scalping them on the inter webs seems to be perfectly acceptable. what gives? there is not a single ticket in any college venue that has a face value of $895

I don't think it's illegal everywhere...it just depends on the state/venue. I had to read their "selling rules" one time. They don't have any responsibility as they put it all on the seller. Near the bottom of the link are the state regulations.

https://www.stubhub.com/seller-policies/

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
here's what i don't get. scalping tickets on site on game day is illegal. but essentially scalping them on the inter webs seems to be perfectly acceptable. what gives? there is not a single ticket in any college venue that has a face value of $895
Pretty sure scalping its not illegal in the state of Iowa, many other states yes.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Scalpers get real serious as kick-off, first pitch or tip off rapidly approaches. The ticket that was 3 digits can be wrangled for a little over or less than face value when they get desperate and know they may be holding worthless cardboard shortly.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Face value is $70. You'll pay around 125 bucks right now, if you wait until closer to the game you could probably get them for under 100.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
Pretty sure scalping its not illegal in the state of Iowa, many other states yes.

yea i grew up in Illinois. guess I just assumed it was illegal everywhere.

scalped some seats to bears-skins last saturday at soldier field, and every degenerate street hustler makes a point of looking you in the eye and going "you aint the police is you? you know you have to tell me if you is!"

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

scalped some seats to bears-skins last saturday at soldier field, and every degenerate street hustler makes a point of looking you in the eye and going "you aint the police is you? you know you have to tell me if you is!"

Really? I sold some tickets at a Cubs vs White Sox game earlier this year and had no issue. Even askeda cop if it was illegal and he didn't even know. Saw people scalping all over the place in front of cops and nobody said anything.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

Really? I sold some tickets at a Cubs vs White Sox game earlier this year and had no issue. Even askeda cop if it was illegal and he didn't even know. Saw people scalping all over the place in front of cops and nobody said anything.

Pretty sure it is technically illegal, but probably not enforced well. Unfortunately, Illinois has basically legal scalping with the ticket brokers. As long as the city/state is getting their cut, they can ask what they like, I believe.

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
probably around $150. if you scalp, you better have a deep wallet

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Speaking of Iowa tickets...has anyone who ordered through ISU gotten theirs yet? They charged my credit card at the end of last week and they said that my order would be filled, but I haven't gotten any tickets yet. Just wondering if anyone else had.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Speaking of Iowa tickets...has anyone who ordered through ISU gotten theirs yet? They charged my credit card at the end of last week and they said that my order would be filled, but I haven't gotten any tickets yet. Just wondering if anyone else had.

Same thing here. I was told will be sent out two weeks before game. Guessing end of this week or early next.