Oct 30, 2006
Our 2015/16 team had upperclassman
Niang
Morris
Thomas
Nader
Burton
All in the NBA.

plus McKay and Naz (although this may have been the year he sat out due to injury)

They only finished 10-8 in conference play.

In my mind this is a bigger strike against him than his recent bottom feeder teams. His good teams were major underachieving. And then he wasn't able to maintain any of the momentum we had in the program at the time. Guy has been a failure across the board and has been since day 1.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
Put John Beilein on speed dial. I hate zone d but there isn’t a better coaching option out there with a track record of success as well as having the ability to look at recruits and talk about players he has put in the NBA.
Is this a joke? This is about 4 tiers above what we can get. We're a power 5 assistant/mid major head coach type of job. Let's face it, its not a great job....

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Is this a joke? This is about 4 tiers above what we can get. We're a power 5 assistant/mid major head coach type of job. Let's face it, its not a great job....
It isn’t as good as it was six years ago to be sure.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah he’s not sub .500. TJ is

The last Utah state coach ISU hired worked out ok

To be fair. I’ve watched UNLV the last two games. Close losses at Colorado State. UNLV will finish 4 or 5th in the league this year.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Does he still do a call in show? He needs asked tough questions like these:

How many 20+ losses should an ISU coach be allowed to have at Hilton? Multiple per season?

Do your players play as hard as their opponents?

you went through a prolonged offense/defense drought again... why not make a personal or scheme change during that stretch? This happens EVERY GAME?

there are many others that come to mind but you get the point.
Aren't those questions Pollard should be asked? After all, he picked Prohm out from other candidates interviewed that weekend in Atlanta, including Brad Underwood, then at SF Austin...

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Maybe already discussed, but we have to give serious consideration to DeVries if Prohm goes, don't we? Iowa guy, with plenty of inroads to in-state recruiting (I'm not a fan of Jake Sullivan's commentary on this, but still think it's important), seems like he's knows his X's and Os as well as anyone, runs fun up tempo offense, and he could potentially bring Tucker with him?

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Aren't those questions Pollard should be asked? After all, he picked Prohm out from other candidates interviewed that weekend in Atlanta, including Brad Underwood, then at SF Austin...
Sure. Him too. But he needs to be answering those questions to the donors.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
To me 2018-2019 was when I got really worried about Prohm as a coach. Before that I get you had a loaded roster didn’t want to rock the boat and then had a year to get things back on track after they left in 2017-2018. But you look at the roster( recruiting is not the main problem) for 2018-2019 that team should not be .500 in the big 12 and the Ohio state game was a train wreck from a coaching perspective. I tried to buy into the bad breaks with players leaving early, but it’s clearly not just about the talent in these games the last few years, it’s game plan and adjustments.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Underwood would have never stayed anyway.

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
Our 2015/16 team had upperclassman
Niang
Morris
Thomas
Nader
Burton
All in the NBA.

plus McKay and Naz (although this may have been the year he sat out due to injury)

They only finished 10-8 in conference play.

that’s 10 more conference wins than this years team will get:(

furthermore, that team had leadership and likely would have won those games with or without a coach!

Reactions: BringBackJohnny

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Maybe already discussed, but we have to give serious consideration to DeVries if Prohm goes, don't we? Iowa guy, with plenty of inroads to in-state recruiting (I'm not a fan of Jake Sullivan's commentary on this, but still think it's important), seems like he's knows his X's and Os as well as anyone, runs fun up tempo offense, and he could potentially bring Tucker with him?

State of Iowa gets a good D1 prospect every 5+ years ? We won’t win trying to play with local talent.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
We will probably win another 2-3 Games. I am not sure where, but I can't see us losing out. That being said i would have never imagined Iowa state being so bad that its we are going to only win 4-5 games in a season.
Iowa state should be in a position (Losing guys to NBA included) to at worse be a bubble team/NIT bid.
But what I am seeing right is tough. I like the guys and the coaches, but I just don't get it.