What TV show are you streaming right now?

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
We've been watching Evil on Paramount+. The George demon in season 1 is pretty funny. And Michael Emerson's character is the right amount of creepy.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just finished current season of The Boys, Amazon.

Got one more episode to go for The Terminal List, Amazon. At times it seems drawn out and "I've seen this before" but entertaining in the fashion of a Liam Neeson movie only with more plot and twists. Chris Pratt ain't bad in the role and other actors are decent.

Watched a few episodes of The Old Man with Jeff Bridges on FXX. Was okay and was starting to get into it a bit until they introduced "Judge Amy" as a character. Been sitting on it for over a week without watching any more of it so maybe I'm done.

Finished first season of Night Sky, Amazon. Sci-fi, mystery, thriller. Not bad once you get past wanting to smack a couple characters upside the head, Franklin for being Franklin and Jude for not telling what he knows. JFC, Jude just fess up and stop with the stonewalling of WTF is going on. Will watch more when it returns for another season cause sucker for sci-fi and the acting in this quite good. And, hell, I wanta find out WTF is going on. ;)

BanjoCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2012
Just finished current season of The Boys, Amazon.

Got one more episode to go for The Terminal List, Amazon. At times it seems drawn out and "I've seen this before" but entertaining in the fashion of a Liam Neeson movie only with more plot and twists. Chris Pratt ain't bad in the role and other actors are decent.

Watched a few episodes of The Old Man with Jeff Bridges on FXX. Was okay and was starting to get into it a bit until they introduced "Judge Amy" as a character. Been sitting on it for over a week without watching any more of it so maybe I'm done.

Finished first season of Night Sky, Amazon. Sci-fi, mystery, thriller. Not bad once you get past wanting to smack a couple characters upside the head, Franklin for being Franklin and Jude for not telling what he knows. JFC, Jude just fess up and stop with the stonewalling of WTF is going on. Will watch more when it returns for another season cause sucker for sci-fi and the acting in this quite good. And, hell, I wanta find out WTF is going on. ;)

Right after we finished night sky I recall I seeing that Amazon didn’t renew for S2…

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Right after we finished night sky I recall I seeing that Amazon didn’t renew for S2…

That stinks. The story was interesting (if unfulfilled at this point), but the actors are ones we really like.

Well, that sucks. Seems to happen to decent sci-fi series a lot although this couldn't have been one that was expensive to produce like space or future sci-fi with special effects costs. I do give them credit for at least casting real South American actresses for the mom/daughter duo. Had to look them up because I thought they were pretty good and won't be surprised to see more of both.

I do own them for picking up and "completing" The Expanse series after it got axed by SyFy. Still disappointing that they seem to be sort of falling into something like the NCIS network trope. On networks nothing beats fire station/hospital/cop shop series with their associated poor scripts and mediocre acting, it's what sells. Viewers eat it up like cheap Kraft mac and cheese mix. For Amazon it seems to be spy and black ops series like Reacher, Jack Ryan and The Terminal List. Okay, a big step up from the NCIS world but still formulistic, cheap to produce and straddles the ground between network crap and top notch streaming productions.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Finally getting around to Snowfall and really like what I've seen 4 episodes in. Based on critic reviews it looks like it gets BETTER as it goes along. Great casting really helps the narrative and believability of the show.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Not streaming but I've been watching the state fair highlights on IPTV every night. Yeah go ahead and laugh but I like it.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
This might deserve and/or earn its own separate thread, but is anyone else really looking forward to "House of the Dragon" coming out on HBO Sunday night?

I know the original GOT didn't have a particularly great last season (although I did like the finale just fine), but I'm pretty pumped for this one.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
This might deserve and/or earn its own separate thread, but is anyone else really looking forward to "House of the Dragon" coming out on HBO Sunday night?

I know the original GOT didn't have a particularly great last season (although I did like the finale just fine), but I'm pretty pumped for this one.
It has been on my calendar since the day they announced when it would be released. It's a tough act to follow, as the original series had such a great cast, but I can't wait to see it.

Reactions: zumbro clones

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Just finished The Sandman on Netflix. Not at all familiar with the comic, I found it very interesting and unique.

Reactions: legi

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Currently watching Rings of Power, House of Dragons, American Horror Stories and The Patient.

Really excited to see where the first two go, and am pretty happy with how they started.

American Horror Stories is a bit different than normal, as each episode is its own story. Not real impressed with it, but we'll watch them anyway.

The Patient (Steve Carell) has a great premise, and we're really liking it so far, but the format sucks a bit, as it is on Hulu (we have commercials) and is a half hour or less, released weekly, and it seems like half the show is commercials. Not thrilled waiting a week between each 15 minute episode, but it is good.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Just started 'Welcome to Wrexham,' the reality doc series about the football club that Ryan Reynolds and another guy bought, pretty good so far.