What's going on at K State?

alexssdean12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2018
Seems like there is a lot more going on then just the dismissal of Tomlin from what is floating around on Twitter(X). Was hoping people could shed some light on what the rumors are.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The president apparently overruled the AD and Tang regarding the eligibility of a basketball player. Fans are pissed.

Tang released a statement/video that apparently pissed off the president. The statement didn't seem all that bad to me. (For what it's worth, I like Tang and don't quite understand why all Iowa State fans hate him.). The president might think that the AD is leaking stuff to the media and is pissed. Rumor that the president might fire the AD.

It would be hilarious is they fired the AD because Klieman would be a lot less likely to stick around. And I suspect Tang would be out the door too. So that would be great news for us.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
President has been discussing 'additional reasons' as to why Tomlin needed to stay suspended. No charges were pressed, no info is public, and public has been confused as to what happened. Both WVU and KU have offered since he's been in transfer portal, so its not bad enough that other teams have strayed away.

Students held a protest for Tomlin to be reinstated. Tomlin showed up to protest, along with other players. President felt slighted and kicked Tomlin off team next day. Said no further statement would be issued. Tang issues his own statement. President responds next day with another statement.

Someones not going to make the end of the year between Tang, AD or President, just not sure which one gets the boot.

ILikeBacon

Apr 1, 2013
The president apparently overruled the AD and Tang regarding the eligibility of a basketball player. Fans are pissed.

Tang released a statement/video that apparently pissed off the president. The statement didn't seem all that bad to me. (For what it's worth, I like Tang and don't quite understand why all Iowa State fans hate him.). The president might think that the AD is leaking stuff to the media and is pissed. Rumor that the president might fire the AD.

It would be hilarious is they fired the AD because Klieman would be a lot less likely to stick around. And I suspect Tang would be out the door too. So that would be great news for us.
Anything to get K-State back to their rightful place at the bottom of the conference (football)...

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
creepin-jon-lovitz.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

I don't hate Tang, I wad hoping ISU would give him an interview after Prohm.
I do grow a little tired of a feeling of his "speeches." I think he cares deeply about his players and his faith, and that's OK, I just don't know if I'd need to hear it that much.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Rumors of multiple incidents of violence against women, pretty on brand for Tang to try to keep it on the downlow and claim he was doing the right thing for the kid. I'm surprised Chris Beard hasn't offered Tomlin yet.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I do grow a little tired of a feeling of his "speeches." I think he cares deeply about his players and his faith, and that's OK, I just don't know if I'd need to hear it that much.
This. He's fine but something about his antics just really make me roll my eyes. It's just too much.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Yeah, I can see that. I don't pay enough attention to him to get in on a lot of that. But, overall, I kind of like him. However, I would love for him to get pissed and leave Kansas State.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Thanks for letting me know. I had no idea I was suppose to be hating Tang.

• Haha
Reactions: 2020cy and Drew0311

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I follow KSU due to some family ties and have an affinity for them. I’ve unfollowed several ksu facebook pages since their loss to ISU a couple of weeks ago due to the awful nature of their fan base towards their players.

Seems to me when the president of the university cites Title IX, there may be some lines were crossed that were unacceptable. Thankfully he chose to make an adult decision.

You have to wonder if the AD and bball coach truly disagree with the President and if so, are their public personas real or not.

alexssdean12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2018
Yea he's just really corny with all of his dances and such. Not a bad dude and I think players like him. I would just get annoyed with him

• Agree
Reactions: tim_redd

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

I can’t stand the guy. Self righteous phony

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Yea he's just really corny with all of his dances and such. Not a bad dude and I think players like him. I would just get annoyed with him

I’m a very corny and earnest person. Sometimes people are put off by it and that’s ok. It’s not for everybody. I appreciate Tang but I’ll admit I really don’t follow KSU outside of what happens on the field/court.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
President has been discussing 'additional reasons' as to why Tomlin needed to stay suspended. No charges were pressed, no info is public, and public has been confused as to what happened. Both WVU and KU have offered since he's been in transfer portal, so its not bad enough that other teams have strayed away.

Students held a protest for Tomlin to be reinstated. Tomlin showed up to protest, along with other players. President felt slighted and kicked Tomlin off team next day. Said no further statement would be issued. Tang issues his own statement. President responds next day with another statement.

Someones not going to make the end of the year between Tang, AD or President, just not sure which one gets the boot.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron