What's going on with BYU?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
They can't win on the road.

BYU did win true road game at Stanford. But that has less weight right now after UConn dipped (Stanford got meaningful road win there) and Cardinal losing at home to Cal.

It's good ISU got that win at BYU — if Cougars turn out marginal, no harm done. At worst, it avoided a bad loss, and it remains a non-home win.

Both BYU and Stanford are compiling a bunch of "good losses."

TurdFerguson

Sep 13, 2013
Their schedule thus far has been no cakewalk. Good news for them is that their schedule gets much easier. I don't see them losing many more games this season. The Zags and St. Mary's (if they can get it together) on the road might be their only losses left. (I'd have BYU winning both in Provo)

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
They won't make the tournament. No chance at all.
Look at this mid conference stretch:

Jan 16

9:00 PM ET
Jan 18
10:00 PM ET
Jan 23
Jan 25

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
BYU did win true road game at Stanford. But that has less weight right now after UConn dipped (Stanford got meaningful road win there) and Cardinal losing at home to Cal.

It's good ISU got that win at BYU — if Cougars turn out marginal, no harm done. At worst, it avoided a bad loss, and it remains a non-home win.

Both BYU and Stanford are compiling a bunch of "good losses."

And @texas

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Is there a chance we play BYU at home next year? They don't have a single senior on the roster, and Tyler Haws' little brother comes in as a true freshman. He's supposed to be really good.

I doubt BYU agrees to scheduling us again for a long time after the way this years game went down.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron