What's in your liquor cabinet?

harty83

Nov 15, 2006
Sioux Falls SD
Just wondering what type of libations everyone goes for. A little of everything? One favorite type of spirit? Only top shelf stuff? Or maybe the cheapest of the cheap?

Here is my current lineup. I tend to try find a good value by striking a balance between price and taste:

Whisk(e)y:
Bourbon: Buffalo Trace - I really like this a lot.
Canadian: Windsor - old standby
Scotch: Tomatin Legacy - an inexpensive single barrel, but not bad, really.

Brandy:
Korbel - mostly have this around for winter cocktails. Kinda like it, though.

Rum:
Cruzan - Rum is really not my favorite, but this fills a spot fairly well
Barcardi Limon - for my wife

Gin:
New Amsterdam - surprisingly good for the price. This is the gin I share with others
Hendricks - my most expensive bottle. Love it. This is for me.

Tequila:
Familia Camarena Silver: I've never liked tequila for shots/sipping, and this is no different. Makes a great margarita, though.

Vodka:
Currently empty. When I do have vodka, it is generally for bloody marys. I stay away from the rubbing alcohol tasting stuff, but don't go all out either.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Bombay Sapphire Gin
Pimms #1

Those are the two that I always keep around. Beyond those, it depends. I usually have some kind of whiskey, tequila, rum, vodka, and schnapps, but I'm not too tied to any one brand of each.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Sort of low right now.

Wiskey:
Makers Mark
Seagrams and Crown

Tequila:
Jose Gold

Rum:
Sailor Jerry's
Bacardi Superior

Vodka:
Kettle One
Svedka (strictly for bloody marys and salty dogs, not sure why anyone would use premium for those two drinks)

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Out of the stuff that's in ther, I only drink the captain Morgan, fireball, and Rumchata. I know there is some BV In there as well. Lot of random **** left from parties and such.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
About 3 half handles of captain.
Jack
Jack Tennessee Honey
Wild Turkey American Honey
Various girly vodkas
Some peppermint schnapps for fishing
kahlua
fireball
Some other things I can't think of right now

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Jose, Jaeger, Crown, and we stocked up on $9.99 1.75L of UV when Fareway had a sale. I only take shots

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Sailor Jerry, Tanqueray Gin, Vermouth, Blantons Bourbon, and for some reason a bottle of peach schnapps, oh and in the freezer a bottle of cheap *** hawkeye vodka. And if you want to count it, an empty bottle of Templeton.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
tumblr_lq0xp5xvcI1qkcv4j.jpg

And occasionally some cheap rum for daiquiris.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Captain, Disaronno, Smirnoff, El Jimador, triple sec, some random beers/wines...I think that's about it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Captain, Disaronno, Smirnoff, El Jimador, triple sec, some random beers/wines...I think that's about it.

Its not very manly, but I do like a disaronno on the rocks occasionally.

Side note: drop that captain and get yourself some Sailor Jerry. =)

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Its not very manly, but I do like a disaronno on the rocks occasionally.

Side note: drop that captain and get yourself some Sailor Jerry. =)

we like to mix it with squirt and orange juice. It's pretty sweet though.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
One of my buddies grandparents passed away, and paid $100 (Probably worth $300+) for a 1/2 pint of Very Old Fitzgerald bourbon whiskey. Bottled in 1967. I've been waiting 2 years for the right time to open it, and I still haven't found it...

Other than that the normal stuff like Templeton, Jack, grey goose, and a bunch of other bottles collecting dust because I don't drink them. Also some wine as well.

Last edited:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
One of my buddies grandparents passed away, and paid $100 (Probably worth $300+) for a 1/2 pint of Very Old Fitzgerald bourbon whiskey. Bottled in 1967. I've been waiting 2 years for the right time to open it, and I still haven't found it...

I had an unopened bottle of Crown from 1968 that I held onto forever. In a moment of weakness I opened it. It was delicious. But I miss having it now. Just seemed so collectible. Stay strong brother!

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Crown, Beefeaters, Malibu, Capt Morgan, Midori, Blue Curacao, creme de cacao, some pretty old SoCo, Vox vodka, some flavored vodkas (vanilla, whipped cream, cotton candy) Kahlua, Baileys, Tanqueray, Patron

My house was invaded by ants about 6 years ago and they were very fond of the liquor cabinet. Wife tossed a bunch of stuff becauses she knew my dumb *** would probably try to salvage the alcohol. The good news was that the ants focused on the schnapps and other crap that was much cheaper to replace.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Crown, Beefeaters, Malibu, Capt Morgan, Midori, Blue Curacao, creme de cacao, some pretty old SoCo, Vox vodka, some flavored vodkas (vanilla, whipped cream, cotton candy) Kahlua, Baileys, Tanqueray, Patron

My house was invaded by ants about 6 years ago and they were very fond of the liquor cabinet. Wife tossed a bunch of stuff becauses she knew my dumb *** would probably try to salvage the alcohol. The good news was that the ants focused on the schnapps and other crap that was much cheaper to replace.

At first glance, I saw aunts, haha. Would have been a better story if it was aunts, but yeah ants are no fun.

Help Support Us

Become a patron