Whats left in this recruiting class....

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
With signing day only 5 days away - who and whats left in this class. We currently have 22 commits that we know of...

QB - 1
RB - 1
WR - 1
TE - 1
OL - 7

DL - 2
LB - 2
SEC - 6

ATH - 1

Here's who we're hearing a lot of chatter about:
Chase Allen - ***TE (announcing today)
Wells - ***TE
Jackson - ***OL
Bailey Brothers - ***DT, ***DE
Killins - ***RB
Mongomery - ***RB
Cochran - ***DE
Ballard - ***WR
Rashad Weaver - ***DE

Not sure how many were taking in this class but I'm assuming in that 24-25 range. If we can get any 3 out of this group, this class will be one of the best ISU has had in a long long time and a testimonial of good things to come in Ames. My wish list would be to take 4 and it would be Allen, Bailey Brothers, and Weaver.

BTW - if you don't think these coaches are heavily recruiting the Bailey Brothers, then why send nearly half of the staff for the inhome visit? They want these two guys to help solidify the front line of defense!!!!

Gonna be a fun final week of recruiting...

Last edited:

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I'm gonna guess (the best most of us here can do) that a maximum of three December signees (IIRC the rule) can be counted on last year's class. So, 22 known commitments minus those three leaves 19 commitments at present. Only 25 can be signed in any one class normally, so six commitments left to go?

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Hopefully we can make room for all of these guys :)

I really like Allen, Wells, Jackson, and Cochran. Would be happy with any.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Killins is out. Weaver and Jackson are most likely out too.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
With signing day only 5 days away - who and whats left in this class. We currently have 22 commits that we know of...

QB - 1
RB - 1
WR - 1
TE - 1
OL - 7

DL - 2
LB - 2
SEC - 6

ATH - 1

Here's who we're hearing a lot of chatter about:
Chase Allen - ***TE (announcing today)
Wells - ***TE
Jackson - ***OL
Bailey Brothers - ***DT, ***DE
Killins - ***RB
Mongomery - ***RB
Cochran - ***DE
Ballard - ***WR
Rashad Weaver - ***DE

Not sure how many were taking in this class but I'm assuming in that 24-25 range. If we can get any 3 out of this group, this class will be one of the best ISU has had in a long long time and a testimonial of good things to come in Ames. My wish list would be to take 4 and it would be Allen, Bailey Brothers, and Weaver.

BTW - if you don't think these coaches are heavily recruiting the Bailey Brothers, then why send nearly half of the staff for the inhome visit? They want these two guys to help solidify the front line of defense!!!!

Gonna be a fun final week of recruiting...

The bolded are my guess. There's one more guy out there too that no one knows the name of. If the one Bailey or Cochran don't end up coming then I would say Ballard is the next guy in.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
247 says JaQuan Bailey is on campus today. Hopefully his brother came with him

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
247 says JaQuan Bailey is on campus today. Hopefully his brother came with him
His brother was here for the KU game. Not sure why they came separately. It sounds like they would really like to be a package deal and I think ISU is the only P5 school to offer both.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
You mean the one that is here today? What are you basing this drivel on ?

Pretty sure that's the DT twin is here today. I could have gotten them mixed up. They are twins are all. The other is at Virginia Tech.

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
Alex Halsted@AlexHalsted 9m9 minutes ago
Another huge visitor for Iowa State this weekend out of Cincinnati. @DMBerk has the info: http://foxs.pt/1nsWTQU
Dave Berk, Deshaunte Jones and Scout Recruiting

CZ5vJ_OUcAA7K9Y.jpg

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
You mean the one that is here today? What are you basing this drivel on ?

Yep Joshua is here and JaQuan is at VT this weekend. How about you do some fact checking before you call someone out, bud.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Looks like they are still trying to get their small, quick WR/PR type guy. This is big if Killins is off the board.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I've been very disappointed with the class Campbell has put together this far. Not nearly enough unranked guys with 0 P5 offers.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Really liked Montgomery's Hudl video. Was the QB/RB for his HS team & carried the load & then some. 6,641 yards & 85 TDs in 3 years.

Michigan had early enrollee TE recruit & added 2nd TE to class from FL, so hoping for the bes of news on Chase Allen.

combine Hewitt & Powell with these 2, & any besides would be gravy.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Really liked Montgomery's Hudl video. Was the QB/RB for his HS team & carried the load & then some. 6,641 yards & 85 TDs in 3 years.

Michigan had early enrollee TE recruit & added 2nd TE to class from FL, so hoping for the bes of news on Chase Allen.

combine Hewitt & Powell with these 2, & any besides would be gravy.

Who would you compare Montgomery to as far as running style? Speed or power, little bit of both?