whats your wildest time at isu?

Diamndpusher

Apr 29, 2012
March 24, 2000....ISU beat UCLA in the NCAA tournament. Lead riots all over town that night...completely crazy.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Probably the time I was walking back to my dorm room late one night and some dudes tried to set me on fire with their lighter. I made my boyfriend walk me back after that (he lived two halls down, hence thinking it was ok to walk alone for 2 minutes).

Also remember a fun trip with a club in which we weren't in the same hotel as the activities. Had to help drag/carry completely wasted people across a frozen snow covered parking lot for 3 blocks in -20F weather.

Haha, I was kind of boring in college. I was usually the "mom" though, making sure everyone else made it home ok.

C

CyBer

Probably the time I was walking back to my dorm room late one night and some dudes tried to set me on fire with their lighter. I made my boyfriend walk me back after that (he lived two halls down, hence thinking it was ok to walk alone for 2 minutes).

Also remember a fun trip with a club in which we weren't in the same hotel as the activities. Had to help drag/carry completely wasted people across a frozen snow covered parking lot for 3 blocks in -20F weather.

Haha, I was kind of boring in college. I was usually the "mom" though, making sure everyone else made it home ok.

There is a name for these people lol.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Probably too many to remember, but one had us on the way to a party one VEISHEA playing bumper cars down Lincoln Way. At the party, the put a hose out on a hillside in their back yard and started a mudslide. Everyone came home trashed and caked with mud. Others include handing kegs through a kitchen window at a house party and getting pepper sprayed by the cops while tapping a keg in the middle of Franklin Ave. Fun times. Most are pretty blurry though. We had a hot tub on our patio, so the debauchery was pretty much constant.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I lived on Wood St one year and partied at some S. Hyland house a few times. Good times. I remember seeing your red tailgating van (I think that was you, that you used to have in your avatar) a lot when I was there.

Yeah, that was our place. We had an ongoing joke with some buddies who lived on Hayward over who could steal the most ridiculous thing from the other's house. They stole our alabaster Virgin Mary statue, we stole their theater ropes (used them to control access during VEISHEA), etc. The highlight of the little game was the time they stole the tailgate van for a week, and we never noticed.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
In 2007 got out of Welch Ave Station around 2am and there was a huge snowball fight, east side vs west side of the street, was awesome!
and
living at 131 Campus Ave throwing parties. Miss college!

D

DistrictCyclone

Nah thumbs is awkward for everyone, unless you are a townie. But that is what makes it thumbs.

One time, I was plowing through a pitcher of gin and tonic at Thumbs and noticed some black object inside one of the ice cubes. I looked closer, and it was a bug (I don't know what kind...maybe I should start one of those "what bug is this?" threads). I thought maybe it was a gag, like a fake ice cube or someone had frozen a rubber toy bug inside a real ice cube. I scooped it out and let it melt on the table, and sure enough, it was a real god damned bug.

I was barely sober enough to care, but that's the story of why I haven't been back to Thumbs since 2005.

Help Support Us

Become a patron