When do you think you will buy a 100% pure electric vehicle?

When will you buy a 100% pure electric vehicle?

• Already Own One

Votes: 41 5.6%
  • In the next year

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • Between 1-5 years

Votes: 131 17.8%
  • 6-10 years

Votes: 176 24.0%
  • 10+ years or never

Votes: 378 51.5%

• Total voters

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Yes, those are the price decreases in 2023.2023.2023.2023.2023!!!!!! When you make drastic price cuts, along with a $7,500 tax break, it creates massive demand, which is what happened during the 1st quarter of 2023.2023.2023.2023. Q1 2024 sales were down compared to Q1 2023. These price cuts did not happen in 2024.

BTW, I'm not doubting the stock decline or profits. I'm just pointing out that there is a valid reason that sales are down year over year. It's mostly due to 1st qtr 2023 being a monster quarter for Tesla.
How much did your car devalue?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Those are average prices of a new Tesla by month, not the number of vehicles sold.

If you want to talk about revenue, let's look at how this year is going...

Tesla Bulls Turn Bearish As 'Nightmare' First Quarter Comes To An End​

Tesla stock plunged 31.4% through April 4, the second-worst performer on the S&P 500. Shares are 58.7% below their late 2021 all-time high. But Tesla has largely tracked declining earnings estimates amid weaker-than-expected deliveries despite ongoing price cuts.

Tesla Stock Tumbles as Q1 Deliveries Fall 8.5% From a Year Earlier​

About 386,800 cars were marked as sold in the first quarter compared with estimates, which averaged about 477,000, according to UBS. That's a 20.1% drop from the final quarter of 2023 and 8.4% from a year ago. It's also the first year-over-year decline in quarterly deliveries since 2020, as well as the company's lowest quarterly performance since 2022. Shares fell more than 7% in early trading following the news.

Tesla shares tumble as analyst decries ‘train wreck’ investor call​

“Let’s call this as it is: While we were anticipating a bad 1Q, this was an unmitigated disaster 1Q that is hard to explain away. We view this as a seminal moment in the Tesla story for Musk to either turn this around and reverse the black eye 1Q performance,” Ives said in a note Tuesday.

Tesla share plunge wipes out $80 billion in market value, after dour earnings call​

There is a lot going on in the auto industry right now and the interplay between ICE and EV's is part of it for Tesla. But Tesla also faces a different set of competitors than the traditional ICE car companies. Part of the reason Tesla dropped its price significantly a year ago was in response to BYD and other global competitors. Worldwide BYD EV sales were 60% more than Tesla.

Also, in one chart you showed YOY price growth by manufacturer. Sure it was nice while it lasted for Genesis, Chrysler, Stellantis, etc. but they have now priced themselves out of the market and are having to lower MSRP significantly to move the metal.

Reactions: Jer

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
According to the facebook somebody a couple blocks from me took delivery of a cybertruck yesterday. They claimed it was the first one delivered in Iowa. I'd be surprised if there weren't a couple running around in Des Moines already though.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
According to the facebook somebody a couple blocks from me took delivery of a cybertruck yesterday. They claimed it was the first one delivered in Iowa. I'd be surprised if there weren't a couple running around in Des Moines already though.

Would make a good series of episodes on Bitchin' Rides or another one of the car modification shows. "I just bought this ugly as sin truck but I like the concept. Can you make it pretty?"

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA

I saw one driving down 8th Street in Altoona about 2 weeks ago.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Saw it on San Marnan in front of Sam's yesterday afternoon. Looks even more ridiculous than I thought it would.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Tried the full self driving on our Model 3 this week. Was definitely uncomfortable at first being something that violates decades of practice but was really impressed overall.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Tried the full self driving on our Model 3 this week. Was definitely uncomfortable at first being something that violates decades of practice but was really impressed overall.

So did you let it drive and try adult activities at highway speeds?

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Saw it on San Marnan in front of Sam's yesterday afternoon. Looks even more ridiculous than I thought it would.
I saw one up close in Denver last month. They have a Tesla "dealership" in one of the malls there. I took a good look at it and the more I looked at it the uglier it got.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
It may have been this one that I saw in Urbandale outside Tesla last week.

Tesla.JPG

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Took a little video of FSD in my wifes car. Unfortunately didn't pick up the time I had to intervene while exiting 235 and getting on 80/35. Warning, it's boring, which I guess is a good thing.

So how does the speed work? Like does it always go exactly the speed limit when possible? Or can you tweak it in the app?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron