When do you think you will buy a 100% pure electric vehicle?

When will you buy a 100% pure electric vehicle?

• Already Own One

Votes: 41 5.6%
  • In the next year

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • Between 1-5 years

Votes: 132 18.1%
  • 6-10 years

Votes: 173 23.7%
  • 10+ years or never

Votes: 375 51.4%

• Total voters

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This happens all the time, not just to Tesla chargers. Usually the same people that "roll coal", also find it funny to park an ICE vehicle in a charger location. People also find it funny to unhook chargers and key EV's because....I don't know...maybe they hate Elon or love the gas industry. Keep in mind that 99% of the people are not ********, it's the 1%.

In this case, it was legit, in most it's not.

That really brings "Two Americas" into focus. Typical parking lot near me might be 10-20% EVs now, are these maniacs gonna key 100 cars every time they go to Target?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Tesla's CyberTruck continuing to hit issue after issue.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Tesla's CyberTruck continuing to hit issue after issue.

The CyberTruck is an example of someone in a position of power forcing a bad idea into production.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I can't do it, it's terrifying right now. Feels like driving with a 14 year old on their first few days.

I can't wait until it's standard. My wife's Kia has lane assist and smart cruise and if I'm on the interstate I wish I could just close my eyes and take a nap.

Reactions: dmclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Hy-Vee does it the right way. They usually put the chargers(tesla ones) far away from the stores, so no one has an urge to park in those spots. If you take those spots in an ICE vehicle, you're truly being a douche.

As far as Tesla chargers and vehicles taking up two spots. Yes, this is an issue but all new Tesla chargers have the longer cables, which support charging from either side (think Costco gas pumps).
I agree with this about Hy-Vee. Except of course my Hy-Vee here in the great white north. The charging spots aren't the closest spots to a front door, but they are on the end of a row of parking closest to the building so definitely a couple of the 50 closest spots. That is just asking for some asshat to park it up rather than walking an extra 50 steps to a regular parking spot.

And while people may say that people will just walk the extra paces, I used to see people circling the gym parking lot all the time looking for a closer spot when there were multiple spaces waiting a little farther from the building. You are going to the gym to work out and you can't walk an extra 50 steps?!?

• Haha
Reactions: Jer and BoxsterCy

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
The CyberTruck is an example of someone in a position of power forcing a bad idea into production.
Should have just left it as a concept vehicle, and tons of people would be begging for it to be made - positive press. Or just make 100 and sell them to collectors for $1M each or something dumb like that. Then they never get driven and no one ever complains, and if they do, no one cares.

Here's Musk on the right:
1713537498341.png

• Haha
Reactions: Bader

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I agree with this about Hy-Vee. Except of course my Hy-Vee here in the great white north. The charging spots aren't the closest spots to a front door, but they are on the end of a row of parking closest to the building so definitely a couple of the 50 closest spots. That is just asking for some asshat to park it up rather than walking an extra 50 steps to a regular parking spot.

And while people may say that people will just walk the extra paces, I used to see people circling the gym parking lot all the time looking for a closer spot when there were multiple spaces waiting a little farther from the building. You are going to the gym to work out and you can't walk an extra 50 steps?!?

I see the same thing at the LifeTime I go to. When it was crazy busy a number of years ago they built a three story ramp. I usually park in the ramp. People will park closer in the parking lot in the snow to save walking 100 feet. And than they have to brush/scrape their car when they come out. Parking close to the door is just ingrained in a lot of people.

Maybe more on topic but LifeTime doesn't have any chargers set up which is odd for a business that big but on brand for how they are doing everything on the cheap since the COVID biz slump.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I see the same thing at the LifeTime I go to. When it was crazy busy a number of years ago they built a three story ramp. I usually park in the ramp. People will park closer in the parking lot in the snow to save walking 100 feet. And than they have to brush/scrape their car when they come out. Parking close to the door is just ingrained in a lot of people.

Maybe more on topic but LifeTime doesn't have any chargers set up which is odd for a business that big but on brand for how they are doing everything on the cheap since the COVID biz slump.
Yeah, that is somewhat surprising that Bahram hasn't latched on to that, but then again just when people think they have Bahram figured out he will do something nobody expects.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I can't do it, it's terrifying right now. Feels like driving with a 14 year old on their first few days.
I’ve been using the FSD more recently and overall has been a good experience.

Two observations while driving in the city.

First, it accelerates very quickly from stop signs/lights. Much faster than I would do normally although it’s more tempered if in traffic (I assume because it senses cars in front).

Second, it’s more conservative with yellow lights than I would be. The inclination is clearly to make an abrupt stop more than it is to speed up and get through it. Maybe the safer option but do sometimes worry about a car behind me.

Otherwise growing very comfortable with it.

Reactions: dmclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Is the 3800 recalled effectively every cyber truck on the road? I’ve read conflicting reports on #s.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I’ve been using the FSD more recently and overall has been a good experience.

Two observations while driving in the city.

First, it accelerates very quickly from stop signs/lights. Much faster than I would do normally although it’s more tempered if in traffic (I assume because it senses cars in front).
What mode are you running it in? I've only tried Average (not chill or aggressive) and I was also a little surprised how quickly it takes off from lights. Can't say I hate it.

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
I saw my first real-life cyber truck yesterday. I was waiting for Arnold Schwartzenager to come out and terminate me. But once I got over that feeling, I realized what a monstrosity that thing really is.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
What mode are you running it in? I've only tried Average (not chill or aggressive) and I was also a little surprised how quickly it takes off from lights. Can't say I hate it.
I’ve been using chill mode and it still accelerates very quickly from a stop. I can’t imagine what it’s like in aggressive.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I’ve been using chill mode and it still accelerates very quickly from a stop. I can’t imagine what it’s like in aggressive.
giphy.gif

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Rivian and Lucid both make nicer looking vehicles than Tesla. I realize Tesla was 1st, but design wise are they keeping up? The Lucid sedan I saw was in CR.
Lucid is on another level of entry though. They are beautiful for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and Jer

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron