Where can you buy Barntown?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
My brother is a big IPA fan, so I'm getting him a few different IPA's for Christmas. Got him some Todd the Axeman (which is ridiculously expensive for how much you get by the way), and want to find him an IPA from Barntown. They didn't have any in Hy-Vee; does the actual brewery sell 6 packs?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
My brother is a big IPA fan, so I'm getting him a few different IPA's for Christmas. Got him some Todd the Axeman (which is ridiculously expensive for how much you get by the way), and want to find him an IPA from Barntown. They didn't have any in Hy-Vee; does the actual brewery sell 6 packs?
I've gotten growlers of Todd filled at HyVee for $14.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
They sell 32oz Crowlers at the brewery.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006

Where does your brother live?

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
If he's not from Des Moines here are some hot IPA's right now and where you can get them:

Barn Town Appaloosa-They do crowlers, not sure if they do it for this release
Pulpit Rock Gravy Boat-El Bait-They do crowlers
TG ZeeLander-Iowa Taproom-They do crowlers
TG Fire Skull & Money-Should be able to find 4 packs at places like Urbandale,Waukee Hy-Vee
Brightside All Hops Considered-El Bait-They do crowlers
Franklin Street Drugstore Cowboy-El Bait-They do crowlers

I now see he's from Des Moines. I wonder if he's on Untappd so you could find some that he hasn't had. If he's an IPA fan he's probably had the two from TG but may not have had the others.

• Informative
Reactions: CloneGuy8

baller21

Mar 15, 2009

Get him a sixer of Tank Puncher from Reunion. I’ve only seen it at the Ankeny HyVee.

Reactions: CloneGuy8

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Get him a sixer of Tank Puncher from Reunion. I’ve only seen it at the Ankeny HyVee.
ReUnion has surprisingly turned a corner for me. When they first dropped on the scene, I thought they were pretty garbage and tbh, a lot of their beers still are. Tank Puncher, however, really hit the spot for me when I had it on draft at the Iowa Taproom before an Andrew WK show.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
ReUnion has surprisingly turned a corner for me. When they first dropped on the scene, I thought they were pretty garbage and tbh, a lot of their beers still are. Tank Puncher, however, really hit the spot for me when I had it on draft at the Iowa Taproom before an Andrew WK show.

As far as I can tell, it's their one ace in the hole. It's a good ace, I suppose.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron