SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Did he really invent the RPO?

Cyghhh

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 18, 2022
He's living his best life swimming in cold lakes in his underwear...L I V I N!
1713292006980.png

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Has anyone else started a game with 3 INT's . . . and won?

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Interesting insights that the offense meeting with Mensa was quite tense as Mensa felt the pressure to prove himself and make things work. Mensa was worried that he would be fired.
Same with Messingham.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I haven’t listened to the podcast yet but I’ve watched some clips.

He seems much more analytical than we were led to believe ;). Like I thought he was going to be some free wheeling hippy that was floating through life. But honestly he talks like a coach and stuff.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I haven’t listened to the podcast yet but I’ve watched some clips.

He seems much more analytical than we were led to believe ;). Like I thought he was going to be some free wheeling hippy that was floating through life. But honestly he talks like a coach and stuff.

I listened to it at the gym today and thought it was a fantastic podcast. It made me laugh because Jeff and Grant had the same comment that I had at the end about how he is a pretty analytical guy. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Just listening/watching now.

They're updating him on all the new stuff at Jack Trice etc.

Crazy he hasn't been back in all that time or doesn't know anything about it.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
That was a great podcast! Really got to see the true Steele. I think most of us were thinking he was this hippy guy living in the woods just hanging out. But he's really got a successful business going it sounds like with his wife and newborn baby. And a very intelligent and analytical guy. Very happy for him.

At the end, after Steele had hung up... Woody or Grant said they heard that Steele hasn't watched a football game in like 4 years or something.. and Woody said that wouldn't surprise him at all. I wish they would have asked him that in the interview. That would be interesting to know, but I agree with them that it wouldn't be shocking at all to find out he doesn't even care about the game anymore. His life is so busy with his business, his wife, and newborn.

But did you all notice how when they brought up old stories about hanging out with "the guys" and practices, etc... Steele's eyes lit up and he just was really enjoying talking about the 'old days'. Nearly every single athlete will tell you that the games were great, but the things they miss the most is just hanging out with the guys, playing pranks on one another, etc, etc. Just the friendships with other players and coaches , etc. So although Steele might not miss the games, or the game of football much anymore.. you could tell he really missed those friendships and the 'good times' they had.

I hope he does decide to come back someday like he mentioned. That would be awesome! But I wouldn't be shocked at all if we never see him in Ames ever again either. What a great guy, and ISU legend!

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Can someone please post a link?

Reactions: DarkStar

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Even easier.

Some crazy honesty from him about what sounds like dysfunction from the OC's or even staff (from the top) of the time.

I wish there was more transparency like this from former players.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I always liked Steele, hell the dude beat Iowa twice, I still feel like he was never the same after he hurt his leg against uconn.

Reactions: Letterkenny