Where was JJ Kohl

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
JJ looked out of synch last week against uni. I wouldn’t have minded him getting something. But I think letting Rocco work through it had some benefits. The TD probably doesn’t happen if JJ comes in and I think that drive will help Rocco later on.

hall4cy

Oct 22, 2007
Dallas, TX
JJ looked bad in game 1 and Rocco looked ok. Who's to say the opposite couldn't be true for game 2? If JJ is the longterm goal at QB, I'd like to get him more opportunities, win or lose.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
JJ looked bad in game 1 and Rocco looked ok. Who's to say the opposite couldn't be true for game 2? If JJ is the longterm goal at QB, I'd like to get him more opportunities, win or lose.
If JJ is the long term goal, he will play better than Rocco.

Based on UNI game, pretty clear who the better QB is at this point in their career- Rocco.

I would think if JJ has a great week in practice maybe he gets some first half snaps against Ohio. But if he's not pushing Rocco to start at this point, best he can hope for is mop-up duty.

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I didn’t think Rocco played bad at all yesterday. Instead of putting in the back up QB, how about putting in a back up receiver who can catch? Do people really think at this point, the QB position is the reason for all of our offensive woes?

JJ didn’t look good at all against UNI, not sure why he’d have been ready for Iowa.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I assume the almost entirely horizontal passing game is schematic and not due to Becht's lack of arm strength, correct?

Reactions: bigsag

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Rocco looked out of sync, stared down his receivers (and yes lots of drops), but why wasn't JJ ever in the game to maybe drive a little life into the offense? It's going to be a long season by the looks of today. Strap in.
You know, guy behind me kept yelling that Rocco stared down his receivers. I almost told him, well they are laddering the receivers so please announce which one of the 2-3 receivers he’s staring down. When he did the quick hits, he did but when you have a play set to release the ball in around a second, you don’t have time to look off a defender, you gotta locate them immediately.

He didn’t stare down as many receivers as most thought.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Rocco wasn't the problem yesterday. Just look at all the drops. Go back and watch the pick 6, Norton ran the most pathetic out route ive ever seen.

I dont know what this coaching staff is expecting though when you are lining up running backs as slot receivers. Just completely clueless on all levels.