Which B12 Football team made the best new HC hire for 2019 season?

Which B12 Football team made the best hire?

• Kansas - Les Miles (took the previous season off)

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Kansas State - Chris Klieman (previously the coach at N. Dakota State)

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • Texas Tech - Matt Wells (previously the coach at Utah)

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • West Virginia - Neal Brown (previously the coach at Troy)

Votes: 25 25.5%

• Total voters

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
I know that all of these hires are potentially very good for each of their teams. I'm just wondering if any hire stands out for a majority of CF visitors. Perhaps in your comments, you can elaborate and also define who may be the 'worst' hire of the bunch.

Reactions: cycophagus

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I can't recall, does Miles have any reputation for questionable recruiting tactics?

Cdiedrick

Jun 26, 2014
I think they are all good hires. I believe that Neal Brown is the best. Reminds me of Campbell, conference, experience, age, philosophy. WVU might have a “down year” but that’s all I see with that hire. Miles might be the worst but only because it’s hard to polish a turd and we know who KU has hired previously and how it worked out.

Reactions: cyfanatic

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
I think they are all good hires. I believe that Neal Brown is the best. Reminds me of Campbell, conference, experience, age, philosophy. WVU might have a “down year” but that’s all I see with that hire. Miles might be the worst but only because it’s hard to polish a turd and we know who KU has hired previously and how it worked out.

To be clear, is it Miles or Kansas playing the role of the turd in your quote? (LOL)

Last edited:

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Anyone want to take a crack at which of these coaches will have the most difficulty recruiting? Which the most success?

From my perspective,
I'm anticipating that both Klieman and Miles will find recruiting more difficult than at their previous jobs. Brown will also find it more difficult to recruit to WV than it was to sunny Troy, but he will still be getting about the same quality of players as Holgerson got at WV. Wells at TxTech may find it easier to get a higher quality athlete that what he is used to.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I voted for Wells but I think Klieman was a really good hire as well. I think Miles will give Kansas 2 or 3 years at most before he realizes how awful that job is and retires.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
  • Informative
Reactions: cc1091

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
WVU, for sure. Brown is a winner and good scheme/personnel fit there already. Bit of a rebuilding year ahead of him next season, though.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cc1091

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron