Which game is tougher

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
With Texas out of the top 25 for the first time in forever, do fans feel that playing Texas on the road is a tougher opponent or Top 10 Ranked Utah at JTS?

I still feel like Texas is the tougher game.

Thoughts?

ISUCLONES15

Mar 24, 2006
Altoona
Well we haven't lost a home game yet this year and we play Utah at home and Texas @ Austin, so I am going to go with Texas as the more difficult game.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
I don't care where Texas is in the ratings - ISU has never beaten them. It will always be the tougher game until someone on the team believes they can win.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I think this is our year to beat Texas!

And it not just the kool-aid talking either.
thumbnail.aspx

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
I think Texas would crush Utah. Therefore, my vote is that the Texas game is tougher.
I don't think so. It would atleast be a good game. Texas is down this year. Changing their offense was just a bad idea.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Texas... on the road, plus the mental factor (it seems to me that Texas and Oklahoma have an intimidation factor against the North teams year after year, especially Oklahoma).

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Many of those wins came with different players than the current guys.

I'm not saying this game in not winnable. I think ISU has a great shot to knock off Texas this year. I'm just saying it's not going to be easy.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I think Texas would crush Utah. Therefore, my vote is that the Texas game is tougher.

No way. Utah > Texas this year. I still think it's a worse match-up for us against Texas than us against Utah because of the relative talent gaps.

RunningUtes

Oct 4, 2010

Wow, I don't know that Texas would crush us... UCLA lost to K-State and then beat the crap out of Texas in their stadium. But if my vote counts I would say Texas is the much tougher opponent anyway... Travelling to Austin to get a W is no easy task. Good luck! This is the year to get a W from them.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
While it is to be expected, I really didn't want to discuss whether Texas could beat Utah. More so, which game is tougher for ISU.

Texas because it is a road game and the mental hurdle that is involved with beating texas. Mentally, I think players and fans alike, will have an easier time getting their head around beating utah.

Sports psychology.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
With Texas out of the top 25 for the first time in forever, do fans feel that playing Texas on the road is a tougher opponent or Top 10 Ranked Utah at JTS?

I still feel like Texas is the tougher game.

Thoughts?

Playing in Austin is going to be tougher than playing just about anyone at Jack Trice.
Especially a paper tiger! :wink:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron