• Dekkers

• Brock

• Remsburg

• Lee

• Hanika

Results are only viewable after voting.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
assuming all are gone for at least half a season if not all.

QB Dekkers. Although, he wasn't spectacular by any means last season, that was his first season as a starter at this level and was the clear favorite to be the starter again this season. Completely unproven very young backups.

RB Brock. When he was healthy, he seemed like the clear number one to me. An important part of a RB's job is not just to run, but to pick up blitzes and protect the quarterback (that will no be 100% inexperienced with the loss of dekkers). Remember, even when Hall was running the show, Brock would come in on passing downs because he excelled in pass protection.

OL Remsberg. Seemed like he was hurt the bulk of last year but got starts towards the end of the year. ISU seems to never get over the hump on the OL. This hurts a lot now that ISU will be missing the Likely RB1 and QB1 and TE1 (or 2)

DT Lee. Tough to replace a RS senior this late in the game. Was the best returning DL ISU had coming back, especially with MJ anderson somewhat unexpectedly declaring for the draft.

Deshawn Hanika. Led all TE in receiving yards, TD's, yards per reception. Apparently Easton Dean was banged up all year, so perhaps he wasn't really the best TE on the roster. Was the best on the field last year though.

Reactions: Cyclone2daBoneIndy

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Brock as he was the most tested and multi faceted of our backs. Others can step up, but he was already proven.

Dekkers didn’t get any help from the line, the running game, or anybody but X on the receiving end. Losing his game experience is tough but many on the offense had issues with him so considering it a lesser loss than I normally would.

Lee is big, but we have a bit more depth and ability to shift guys around there than some realize.

Remsburg was ok, but I don’t think he makes or breaks the line. They’re either going to take a step forward as one or show that it’s going to be a multi year process.

Hanika showed some potential but like most in the TE and WR rooms hasn’t really stepped up yet. In theory and on paper our TE room is pretty talented so since he wasn’t showing out already, it’s still a matter of someone stepping up.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Brock as he was the most tested and multi faceted of our backs. Others can step up, but he was already proven.

Dekkers didn’t get any help from the line, the running game, or anybody but X on the receiving end. Losing his game experience is tough but many on the offense had issues with him so considering it a lesser loss than I normally would.

Lee is big, but we have a bit more depth and ability to shift guys around there than some realize.

Remsburg was ok, but I don’t think he makes or breaks the line. They’re either going to take a step forward as one or show that it’s going to be a multi year process.

Hanika showed some potential but like most in the TE and WR rooms hasn’t really stepped up yet. In theory and on paper our TE room is pretty talented so since he wasn’t showing out already, it’s still a matter of someone stepping up.

I'm being gossipy but some time I'd like to hear more on this.

Reactions: OscarBerkshire

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
It all starts with the line, pass protection and run blocking; and ISU's DL has to put pressure on the opposing QB and let the LBs tackle on the run.

Reactions: khardbored

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Dekkers is a blessing in disguise. Clears the way for more talented guys behind him. Feel the same about Hanika and Remsberg. Lee is a solid player but nothing special. Dominique Orange will easily be our best interior lineman this year. RBs are really the only group with a lot of question marks. Maybe Sama can step up, but there aren’t many options behind Brock.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
My inclination is to say Remsburg -- if he was the Remsburg from a couple of years ago when he was a force on the O line, where we have been lacking of late. Next in line for me would be Lee because you can never have enough interior D-line depth. I think Dekkers would be third on my list, only because I think we have good enough replacements that we shouldn't be taking a step back -- I hope.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Why so many votes for Lee? Really? I was more panicked when Ray Lima graduated. Feels crazy to say but, Heacock’s defense led by Rasheed’s line just reloads every year. Not losing any sleep with Singleton & Orange on deck.

I feel like there’s not much dropoff from Remsburg to Treiber.

Dekkers, Hanika, & Brock hurt the most because that’s a lot of missing experience and offensive production.

My hope is we can play ball control offense and grind out some tight games. Gotta follow the Snyder/Ferentz formula and win some turnover battles. We’ve done it before with less talent.

Reactions: Cycho1 and wing59

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Wut? We lost somebody?

I'm trying to forget them now. Play who we have. We have some good players. Next man (men) up!

Dale Ernhardt

Dec 5, 2022
I am most sad for him.
I don't feel sad for him. He know the ramifications of being caught gambling. They all did. Any player who bets on their own team has to expect things could go wrong. Have they not heard of Pete Rose? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know how easy it is for authorities to backtrack to a cell phone or laptop. Brock waited a long time for his shot to piss it down his leg. I do wish his talents were available in the backfield this fall, but I think Remsburg is the only one likely to be back.

Help Support Us

Become a patron