Who are you most excited to see this season?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Every single player that puts on a Cyclone Jersey. At this point I'm too excited to care who's going to do what. I'm looking forward to seeing the team open up a can. I don't care if it's A-Rob/AA or some walk on I don't knows name yet.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Basically, I'm just excited for anything about Cyclone Football.

Thankfully, I haven't been outside when people get off the bus.

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
The crying fans of opponents after a "devastating" loss.

Last edited:

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I'm looking to see if Mahoney has improved his consistency, and how the punting situation turns out.

I live and breathe the special teams of football.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I'm looking to see if Mahoney has improved his consistency, and how the punting situation turns out.

I live and breathe the special teams of football.

I think someone was a punter or kicker in HS. :yes:

I played DT and (rarely) DE when we needed more poundage on the line, and there is nothing I enjoy more than seeing a quarterback have the pocket collapse and end up on the ground, with the ball 10 yards behind him. And to think, I would have seen that happen so many more times if my coach had just put me at linebacker once in a while. :biggrin:

MattforState

Aug 17, 2010
Des Moines, IA
Arnaud throwing to the good guys. Solid OL. Tenacious & Opportunistic D. WR getting seperation. Mostly, healthy ARob with any backup that can come in and not hand cuff the offensive strategy. All of which are easily attainable. 13 days and counting!

I look forward to this. We may not be a D that can hold too many of our opponents to low yardage games, but I bet we can be a D that creates lots of turnovers and turns it on when it's need like last year. Hopefully an improved pass rush with the secondary we have will lead to lot of INT's. Kinda like the days of Nick Moser, Steve Paris, Ellis Hobbs, DeAndre Jackson, etc.

Let's face it, when we were good, we were living off turnovers.

asmosis

Jul 6, 2010
Minneapolis
I look forward to this. We may not be a D that can hold too many of our opponents to low yardage games, but I bet we can be a D that creates lots of turnovers and turns it on when it's need like last year. Hopefully an improved pass rush with the secondary we have will lead to lot of INT's. Kinda like the days of Nick Moser, Steve Paris, Ellis Hobbs, DeAndre Jackson, etc.

Let's face it, when we were good, we were living off turnovers.

This is so true. That 2005 game vs. #8 Iowa was a prime example. Had 3 or 4 sacks, 3 fumble recoveries and 2 interceptions. Our D really controlled that game. I really hope our D gets it done this season.

Help Support Us

Become a patron