Who are your favorite golfers?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Spieth is the guy I am rooting for most right now. Would like to see him return to winning an occasional tournament.

I am a fan of the storyline, which is tournament by tournament. I like Scheffler because it's fun to have a dominate golfer that forces the other golfers to lift their game. But I root for the underdog. So Xander winning yesterday was great.

But going into yesterday's round I found myself rooting for the old pros Rose and Lowry to win.

Bryson showed me a lot yesterday by seeking out Xander to congratulate him. He's not always easy to root for, but has a fun game to watch.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I like most golfers, or am at least neutral. So it’s easier for me to list the ones I dislike (in order)
  1. Patrick Reed is my absolute least favorite athlete. F that guy
  2. Sergio Garcia
  3. Zach Johnson
  4. Kevin Na
Guys I’d root for over others: Probably Speith, Homa, Cam Young, and Scheffler

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
All Time: Fred Couples
Current: Tough one. So many good players out there these days, but not a lot of personality. I like Morikawa, Xander and Scheffler, but they are all kinda boring. They are the PGA flagships right now though. I’ve always like Justin Rose, but he’s getting up there in age. Homa is OK, but he’s better off the course than on it (boring while playing, like the others).

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I get the "appeal" but I'm also over her act. She couldn't hack it as a golfer so at this point the only thing she has going for her is a huge set of cans.

I’m actually shocked it’s still going. I think this online industry of young women scantily clad on instagram is just gross but I’m confused as to what people are getting out of her at this point. How many times do people need to see her standing there in a tight shirt with a golf club.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Bryson DeChambeau
Wesley Bryan
Akshay Bhatia
Max Homa
Keegan Bradley
Rickie Fowler
Jon Rahm
Tommy Fleetwood

I'm a youtube golf stan. All of these guys have a channel or have been featured on channels.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
See this is what is wrong with golfers. Second page and not a single mention of Paige Spiranac?!
View attachment 129255
See post #4.

My favorite is Ty Webb.
raf,750x1000,075,t,000000:44f0b734a5.jpg

Reactions: zumbro clones

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Scheffler and Rory are fun to watch. Hovland seemed to play aggressive, which is way more interesting than Morikawa yesterday. I found myself pulling for DeChambeau so I guess he's up there too. And I could definitely have a beer or 12 with Lowry.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Spieth is the guy I am rooting for most right now. Would like to see him return to winning an occasional tournament.

I am a fan of the storyline, which is tournament by tournament. I like Scheffler because it's fun to have a dominate golfer that forces the other golfers to lift their game. But I root for the underdog. So Xander winning yesterday was great.

But going into yesterday's round I found myself rooting for the old pros Rose and Lowry to win.

Bryson showed me a lot yesterday by seeking out Xander to congratulate him. He's not always easy to root for, but has a fun game to watch.
Bryson kind of stayed back enough and out of the cameraman that was backtracking/filming Xander. He knew it wasn't his time to be in front of the camera.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I like most golfers, or am at least neutral. So it’s easier for me to list the ones I dislike (in order)
  1. Patrick Reed is my absolute least favorite athlete. F that guy
  2. Sergio Garcia
  3. Zach Johnson
  4. Kevin Na
Guys I’d root for over others: Probably Speith, Homa, Cam Young, and Scheffler
I know a lot of people don't like Sergio but I don't get it. I've always like watching him as he was one the few that actually showed some emotion on the course.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Unpopular opinion, but I love Bryson.

Count me in. I was cheering hard for him this weekend. Love a good villian. I am then pretty much for USA!

I also like Morikawa and Spieth. Cannot stand Shane Lowry. Prob cuz he kicked out butt at Ryder.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Favorites in no particular order:
  • Viktor Hovland
  • Xander Schauffele
  • Rory
  • Sahith Theegala
  • Keegan Bradley
  • Matt Fitzpatrick
  • Cameron Smith
  • Tommy Fleetwood
Easy golfers for me to hate (and good for the sport)
  • Bryson DeChambeau
  • Brooks Koepka
  • Dustin Johnson
  • Patrick Reed

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
None of them, really. Golf is great to watch if you need some white noise in the background to nap to

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I root for Joel Dahmen after watching “Full Swing.” His quote of “somebody has to be the 74th ranked golfer in the world, might as well be me” was classic (paraphrased).

I also root for a guy named Chan Kim. He played a lot at a course I used to work at in Arizona. Great tipper and just a good dude!