Who are your most hated college basketball players...

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
...that we have played. So can't be Laetner or anyone like that. In-state rivals or conference foe players only.

I am sure there are threads of this already but I'm bored and lazy and don't want to look for it. I'm interested to see what posters are younger/older by who they choose.

Mine in no real order:

Jason Sutherland (Missouri)

Chris Kingsbury (Iowa)

Scot Pollard (Kansas)

Reactions: jay moe

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The OSU guard combo of Phil Forte and Kelton Paige(?) Actually didn't really hate them but dang they could shoot the 3. Made for great games.

Jorbo because he seems like a douche on and off the courts.

Those ******* brothers from Colorado but I'm drawing a blank on their names.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I used to really hate the way Eduardo Najera worked the refs around time of our Tinsley teams. He was the most annoying player at the age I was most easily annoyed as a fan.

Marcus Smart was pretty freaking bad but I was more chill by then and in the nba he isn’t really that bad because the refs can control a game far better.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The OSU guard combo of Phil Forte and Kelton Paige(?) Actually didn't really hate them but dang they could shoot the 3. Made for great games.

Jorbo because he seems like a douche on and off the courts.

Those ******* brothers from Colorado but I'm drawing a blank on their names.

Jorbo played for nearly six years. We’d almost still have all star starter Haliburton if he played as long. I think he’d have been done last year or the year before.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Elijah Johnson - infamous for garbage time dunk at Hilton, and just generally playing out is his mind against us

Marquis Nowell- annoying in general, banked threes etc.

Mark Vital- average player for Baylor, but always played like one of the Monstars against the Prohm era teams

Ryan Spangler - felt like he single handedly outrebounded our entire team when we'd play OU

Keiton Page - just an absolute cyclone assassin

Kenrich Williams - bad haircut but amazing whenever he laced them up against us. Another example of a try hard tweener big that just ate against our weak effort Prohm teams

Matt Mooney- thank God he was a one and done as a grad student at Tech. Because he killed us in the only two meetings we had. I think it was extra salt in the wound that he spurned Prohm and committed to Beard instead. Good defensive guard too on TT's final 4 squad.

Javan Felix - admittedly not very hated, but seems like he was at Texas forever and occasionally hit big shots against us

Jevon Carter - dude was a fouling, flopping, all around nuisance of an opponent. Statistically he was never gaudy, but he was the mvp of things that don't show up in the box score and has had staying power in the NBA. Dude would usually pop off for a big game against us at least once each season he was at WVU. I just remember him perpetually at the free throw line.

Honorable mention for Alex Robinson of TCU

Reactions: NWICY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
First that come to mind:
Jeff Withey
Connor
Bobo
Dough Gottlieb
Spangler

Players ISU didn't see:
Grayson Allen is king.

tysforcy

Sep 3, 2008
Des Moines
Why isn't Eduardo Najera on this list yet? And we only played him once, in the 2000 Sweet 16 game, but Jason Kapono seemed like quite the ***hole

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron