Who are

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
your favorite fans to party/drink a beer with down at the Big 12 Tournament besides us Clones?

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Never been to the big 12 tournament, but in my experience for football tailgating, it's K-State fans

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Never been to the big 12 tournament, but in my experience for football tailgating, it's K-State fans

I've found them less enjoyable after living here a while.

I guess my vote is Okie State. I could also go with anyone that isn't Kansas.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I went to a game between KSU and Cal at Arrowhead. The KSU fans were not that great. Felt like ISU fans but felt slighted about everything. A guy was bragging about his beer bonging skills and everyone was just he was the fastest. I beat him by a good couple of seconds and nobody would talk to me after that.

ISU's last football game in Boulder was great. All the fans outside of the stadium were awesome. I got there with my wife and 2 sister in laws. There was a just a couple of guys hanging out and yelled at us like Gandalf saying you shall not pass, until you have had a shotski We sang the ISU fight song, they sang the CU fight song and we downed the shots. They were awesome. ANother tailgate was sharing their keg beer and food with us and were just great folks. The only bad one I ran into was the guy I sat next to. This was around Veteran's Day. They asked the veterans to stand up and be recognized. I thanked him for his service and tried to talk with him some. Total jerk. The woman behind me happened to be from Iowa, she moved to Boulder and happened to go to school with my mom many years back.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Essentially your choice is limited to KU and K-State as they are the only teams besides ISU with fans at the B12 tourney any longer.

Okie State used to bring some fans, but not many in this day and age.

You occasionally see small groups from OU and Texas but that's it.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
OK St back when they cared.

Too young to drink, but back in the Kemper days of the old Big 8/early Big 12 it didn't matter, the whole town was crazy.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
The Tech fans we've met have all been great. I'd say Tech as #1 and WVU #2. Don't hate me but we've had a good time with Nebraska fans as well back in the day. Maybe it's because they were also Twins fans but they were not as pompous as I had been led to believe.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
Man, what would happen if ISU, KSU, and KU all weren't in the championship game? Would anyone go?

To answer the question though, I would probably say KSU fans, just because they hate Kansas as much if not more than I do.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Watched ISU beat KU last year and had many celebratory beers at Gordon Biersch. When we asked for the tab, our waitress said it was taken care of. We asked by who, and she pointed to the table behind us. It was a husband and wife by themselves wearing K State gear. We went over and said thank you, can we buy you a round? They said no, their anniversary is today, and ISU beating Kansas was the best present they ever could ask for.

SO, it's K-State in my eyes.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Watched ISU beat KU last year and had many celebratory beers at Gordon Biersch. When we asked for the tab, our waitress said it was taken care of. We asked by who, and she pointed to the table behind us. It was a husband and wife by themselves wearing K State gear. We went over and said thank you, can we buy you a round? They said no, their anniversary is today, and ISU beating Kansas was the best present they ever could ask for.

SO, it's K-State in my eyes.
That is the best story I have heard ever.