Who do we have a better shot at beating on the road this year?

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I was just looking at our schedule for like the 100th time and re-evaluated our chances of beating certain teams after week 1. I know a lot can change and teams can get substantially better or worse throughout a season, but this is just fun to think about. Who do we have a better chance of beating on the road this year: Iowa in Iowa City or Oklahoma in Norman? The Hawkeye hater in me wants to say Iowa City in heartbeat, but the more I think about Oklahoma and the things their program has been through the past month or so makes me wonder. Obviously, neither of the games will be an easy win by any stretch, but both are very winnable if we play our game and we play it well. Your thoughts?

melt

Apr 5, 2006
Chicago, IL
I would say Iowa for two reasons:

1) It's Iowa, and ISU always seems to play really well against them

2) Iowa seems worse than last year, with the new receivers, new OL and new linebackers. If ISU could manhandle them last year, we should be able to beat them this year, even if our D is worse.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I can't choose either of them over the other. I say we have an equal chance at beating both teams. Iowa is overrated as always, and so is Oklahoma. Iowa should be no higher than 20th in nation and I fail to see how Oklahoma is ranked so high.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I think OU is a lot worse than people probably though prior to the season. Defense was supposed to be the best in the nation and give them their fighting chance for a Big 12 South championship, and a BCS bid, but after UAB, they've been exposed. They'll improve, but right now, they're at the same level as ISU. I personally think OU is more of a likely road win now than Iowa, simply because they haven't played us in awhile, and there's no Cyclone State billboard in Norman.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Iowa, no doubt. The staff gets up for that game as much as any. Let's hope they get up the same for the Huskers.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Honestly, if we perform at peak football, all but Texas and Oklahoma on the road.

Now we can start the previous super thread on coaching controversary or conservative vs aggressive again....

One might also mention Nebraska as a road game. Nebraska would like to send about 25,000 Big red fans to Ames by garn. So it may be a road game in Ames.

Last edited: