Who ever the is person in charge of working with the offense should be fired on the spot

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Yep. I had better things to do than watch 40 minutes of egg laying that resulted in a 59-41 loss. I did NOT miss anything important.
It’s a sport, none of it is that important. The whole season is geared to make the tournament, sounds like you wasted every minute to spent on this team to me. Worst of the worst fair weather fan.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I think I'd take just a couple that can truly create off the dribble.
This. It was oddly satisfying watching the TCU/Arizona St game last night where guys could actually create (and make) their own shot off of step-back jumpers and getting to the lane.

Reactions: CyBobby

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
It's hard to tell if the offensive system works when you have 2 or 3 players at most on the court who can score at any given time. Osun and rob have absolutely no offensive talent. Throw the ball at the hoop and hope for the best. Jazz has about 1 game out of every 6 where he will make a few shots. I am confident Watson will find his offensive game but he isn't ready now on that end. Ward is an athletic freak but no offensive skill. Lipsey is an absolute stud at everything except shooting. You have to have him out there with all he does but he has to be surrounded by capable scorers . I'm confident he will improve his jumper before next year. So we basically had Holmes, Gabe and tre king with any semblance of offensive talent trying to compete at the highest level. If 1 or 2 of those 3 guys struggle yesterday is the result. Embarrassing. The next 2 recruiting classes are a great start but we need some capable shooters and post players in the portal to be a realistic contender.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Unless a different "person in charge of offense" has a magic wand to make baskets, doesn't matter what system you run today.
Did anyone watch the Drake game? At half time the talking heads were talking and one interrupted the conversation to point out how bad so many offenses were. He said putting up 20-25 points in a half is horrible basketball and shouldn’t happen. ISU’s game sucked but we weren’t the only ones.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Did anyone watch the Drake game? At half time the talking heads were talking and one interrupted the conversation to point out how bad so many offenses were. He said putting up 20-25 points in a half is horrible basketball and shouldn’t happen. ISU’s game sucked but we weren’t the only ones.

College basketball sort of sucks right now in general. It's like a fumble drill for a lot of games and then occasionally someone makes a decent play.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
DeVries did not light it up last night, but the other players carried them. Just shows how anyone can have a horrible night, ISU had everyone who couldn’t hit anything. S### happens.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
TJ has done well in the portal but Brockington was the only guy he’s gotten so far that could really shoot and even he was a bit streaky. So I hope Tamin works a ton on his jumper and is encouraged to take a lot of perimeter shots in the non-con to build confidence. Likewise with Biliew and Momcilovic who seem to be more talented scorers than the guys we’ve had. Give the young guys the green light early rather than nursing them along and leaning so much on mid-major transfers who’ve already peaked offensively. At this point I’m willing to lose a couple non-con games if it makes us better later in the season.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
What better things did you have to do today? Just curious..
The Beach! / sarcasm. Seriously, I was working. I started to watch the game, but it just got off to such a bad start, I decided to jump back into work for a bit until the game turned around, but that never happened unfortunately.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
TJ has done well in the portal but Brockington was the only guy he’s gotten so far that could really shoot and even he was a bit streaky. So I hope Tamin works a ton on his jumper and is encouraged to take a lot of perimeter shots in the non-con to build confidence. Likewise with Biliew and Momcilovic who seem to be more talented scorers than the guys we’ve had. Give the young guys the green light early rather than nursing them along and leaning so much on mid-major transfers who’ve already peaked offensively. At this point I’m willing to lose a couple non-con games if it makes us better later in the season.

So far like with Lipsey and Hunter I've liked that they've been able to get in and be effective essentially off the bat.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Don’t you have better things to do than ***** on CF? You really don’t post anything important.
That was a bitchy comment by me, but I hardly spend all my time ******** on CF. I'll keep that in mind though, as I can see how that is annoying.

Last edited:

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
It’s a sport, none of it is that important. The whole season is geared to make the tournament, sounds like you wasted every minute to spent on this team to me. Worst of the worst fair weather fan.
I agree. It is just a sport and not all that important in the big scheme of things in life. Once upon a time, I was that guy who went to every game, rain or shine, win or lose, didn't go to weddings on game days, etc. However, I have evolved and try to prioritize things with it. I still love the sports, but I do pick and choose what I attend and watch. I enjoyed this season for the most part. They had a winning season, had some GREAT wins, made the Tournament, and I enjoyed the two games I attended. I like TJ, and I think the future of ISU basketball is bright. I was hoping for a better outcome yesterday, but it just a bad game.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Completely agree. It would be hypocritical to say watching this years team is fun but watching Iowa football is boring.

Make Iowa State basketball fun to watch again

It’s very interesting how the pendulum swings on this. 3 years ago people were DYING for effort, toughness, “big bodies”, and defense…

Now people want “fun to watch” again?

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
This. It was oddly satisfying watching the TCU/Arizona St game last night where guys could actually create (and make) their own shot off of step-back jumpers and getting to the lane.
TCU has a great coach who recruits players who FIT HIS SYSTEM...Besides defense I don't know what TJ's system is or why he cant recruit better shooters!
Hopefully and I say HOPEFULLY...next year we will have better shooters and more wins!!
esp BEAT TEXAS AND K-STATE!! (On the Road)

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
So far like with Lipsey and Hunter I've liked that they've been able to get in and be effective essentially off the bat.
Right. And my point is that I think TJ and staff should have put more emphasis on developing Lipsey’s perimeter game from the jump. I think he can make them, he just didn’t have to to dominate HS games. By early in the Big 12 season teams started to play off him and it limited our offense. So next year, tell Tamin, Biliew and Momcilovic to shoot it from day 1 and let the chips fall where they may. They are probably going to be our most talented scorers even with some new transfers. Maybe Watson can be on that list too.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
This. TJ has worked wonders with this program in two years but he shouldn’t be immune to the offensive woes this team has.

FDU, FAU, Kennesaw State, UC Santa Barbara, Iona, Grand Canyon, and Montana State put up substantially better offensive numbers and scored more than Iowa State. And they did it against better defensive teams. This really dumb narrative of “we have no offensive talent” is a crutch ISU fans and media use. We had enough talent to be in the top 15 in the country but now we can’t score 40 points against the #180 defense in the country?? Come on…
They packed the lane and gave us the outside shots. We didn't hit them. Also missed our usual bunnies and didn't make free throws.