Who is stuck watching the game with Hawk Fans?

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
We all have our horror stories of watching the Iowa State / Iowa game with hawk fans.

What's yours this year?

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
We are going to a new environment this year. The Hawk fans we normally watch with were lucky enough to get tickets through work. The wife notified me we are going to a game watch / house warming party to some friends. I just know this is going to be brutal. I am 100% confident my wife and I will be the only Iowa State fans there and even more confident we are the only one that our diplomas will match the shirts we are wearing. It's gonna suck, it's gonna suck bad.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
We are going to a new environment this year. The Hawk fans we normally watch with were lucky enough to get tickets through work. The wife notified me we are going to a game watch / house warming party to some friends. I just know this is going to be brutal. I am 100% confident my wife and I will be the only Iowa State fans there and even more confident we are the only one that our diplomas will match the shirts we are wearing. It's gonna suck, it's gonna suck bad.

Did your wife not know of your stomach flu that's been coming on over the last few days?

yowza

Jun 2, 2016

Dude and they are your "friends"???????

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
LOCK THE DOOR WHEN YOU GO TO THE BATHROOM! Best advice I can give you. Unless the house if filled with all people from the opposite sex and you are single, then its your call if you want to pick up something that you will have the rest of your life.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
One year I did this and vowed never to do it again. It was the Steele Jantz year. A good friend of mine that is a Hawk fan had a little party that turned into a much bigger party. I was the only Iowa State fan there. Made enough of an ass out of myself there are still people I can't quite look in the eye to this day.

Reactions: CentexCyclone

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
We all have our horror stories of watching the Iowa State / Iowa game with hawk fans.

What's yours this year?
Oddly enough I don't have any horror stories. I take care not to watch the CyHawk with 'roaches. But just by delightful coincidence I did watch the '05 & '12 games with some UI fans.

I suppose the closest thing was going to an ISU/KU gamewatch at a bar in the Siouxer which a bunch of local hawk gutter trash couldn't keep themselves away from. F*cking gross.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

If my wife made me watch with a bunch of hawks, there would be payback happening later.

Reactions: tre and khardbored

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
We were invited to two watch parties. One with friends that are hawk fans and even but clowns in the in the invite email and another one with acquaintances that are big ISU fans. Even as an introvert that was an easy decision.

• Optimistic
Reactions: khardbored and legi

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Yeah I tend to watch just with my wife and kids unless at the game. Definitely don't go around my family during the game being I grew up in a Hawk house, even though I will say my parents have toned it down quite a bit since I was at ISU.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
My wife and I are going to an Alumni Association game watch in Omaha. She cheers for "all Iowa teams" but was raised in a diehard hawkeye house. Hopefully there will be no cheers for anything hawk-related. She particularly loves this game because she, and I quote, "can not lose."

Reactions: FredCyclone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
This will only be the 3rd CYHawk game that I haven't attended dating back to 1999. Fortunately this year we are watching the game with friends and we are all Cyclone fans and that is by no means depressing.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If I'm not attending my preference is to watch it alone. That way I can yell , scream , cuss, and gloat with impunity.

I would fake illness or even inflict self harm, before watching it with an Iowa fan in the room.

Same

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron