Who is your Final 4 and Champ?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Auburn Per KenPom- Record against top 20 teams.

#7 Tenn- L
#13 Alabama - L & W
#14 Baylor- L
#19 Kentucky-L
So 1-4 against the top 20.
20-30 They are -2-2.

What they were great at is beating solid teams by a good margin and bad teams by a great margin which helped push up their metrics.
They had the easiest schedule in the SEC according to KP.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Talk about a hive mindset from the so called "experts". About 95% pick UCONN to reach final 4. About 85% of them pick UCONN to win it all. They can't be that much better than everyone else...I mean they aren't undefeated. The love for them seems to be way over the top. ISU, Baylor, TCU, Houston. That would humble them just a little as no one thinks the Big 12 will do ****.
Probably because they have only lost 3 games and they are all true road games. Almost all the guys are returning from last years champs. Newton, Karaban, Clingan, Johnson and Diarra and they have one of the top performing transfers in the country in Spencer and a lottery pick Freshman in Castle. Best offense in the country, can score inside and out. oh yeah and they are #11 on defense.

Netwon, Clingan, Spencer and Castle could all be drafted this year.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I have two brackets

Bracket 1:
ISU, Arizona, Duke, Creighton
ISU ousts Duke in the ship

Bracket 2:
ISU, Arizona, Houston, Tennessee
Houston over Arizona in the ship

Last edited:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
My 4 are UConn, Houston, Arizona, and Tennessee with UConn over Houston.

To me UNC and Purdue are the most beatable #1 seeds in the tournament so it would surprise me if they make it to the end. UConn has a tough bracket, anyone that comes out of that region has a pretty good shot of winning it all as there are tough matchups everywhere. I don't want to get too high on ISU and set myself up for disappointment, I have us losing in the Elite 8 to UConn but Drake and the likely winner of the BYU/Illinois worry me a bit too as we can't afford to have a cold shooting game against any of those teams. If we play like we did in KC I think we have a good chance of getting to the Elite 8 and seeing what happens from there. If Houston is relatively healthy I still see them as a tough out. This could be a wild tournament, lot of wild cards out there that could get hot at the right time. One thing is for certain is I will enjoy seeing Kansas get knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round. I know they are Big 12 but I loathe them as much as Nebraska football so would love for that cocky fan base to have to suffer through a short run.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Still not sure. I have doubts about almost any team.

Baylor might be a darkhorse Final Four. Nobody seems to be going there much. West region might blow-up in some capacity (also uncertain who/when), BU might get through unscathed.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
this is fun to play with, btw.

Lol, I used that to make like 5 differently designed brackets. We'll see which ones perform the best...or none of them at all being worth a ****. Knowing me, probably all will suck equally somehow.

• Funny
Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Lol, I used that to make like 5 differently designed brackets. We'll see which ones perform the best...or none of them at all being worth a ****. Knowing me, probably all will suck equally somehow.

I tried to figure out what made score really well for last year and it was kind of a mess.

Reactions: MeowingCows

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
Having a tough time seeing any 1 seed (other than UCONN) winning the championship.

North Carolina - Frauds
Houston - Banged up, no depth. But could win if they're healthy
Purdue - Purdue is still Purdue

Who's your final 4 and champ?
My gut said Houston before Saturday night. I can not bet against the Cyclones now. That team that played at the Big 12 tournament was the best team in the country for 3 straight days. If there is a team better than the Cyclones now, they are going to have to prove it to me. So, Iowa State for the title. Yes, I am a homer, but ISU dominated some really good teams.