Who were/are our best assistants?

NebraskaCyclone

Sep 15, 2011
Nebraska
All of the speculation of our next coach with Otz in the mix has me thinking about past assistants. We've certainly had some good ones. Jim Hallihan, Ric Wesley, Steve Krafcisin under Orr; Forman with Floyd; and the current group of Charlie, Cornell, and TJ. I'm drawing a blank on assistants who coached with Eustachy, Morgan, and McDermott (other than TJ).

So a couple questions - who were the top assistants between Floyd and Hoiberg? Also were any of these guys capable of being our head coach? I remember Hallihan was considered for Orr's replacement. I know several went on to be heads elsewhere at various levels of the game. How does the situation with Otz compare to Hallihan or any of the others that could have been considered to run the program? And how do you think these guys compare to each other?

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
All of the speculation of our next coach with Otz in the mix has me thinking about past assistants. We've certainly had some good ones. Jim Hallihan, Ric Wesley, Steve Krafcisin under Orr; Forman with Floyd; and the current group of Charlie, Cornell, and TJ. I'm drawing a blank on assistants who coached with Eustachy, Morgan, and McDermott (other than TJ).

So a couple questions - who were the top assistants between Floyd and Hoiberg? Also were any of these guys capable of being our head coach? I remember Hallihan was considered for Orr's replacement. I know several went on to be heads elsewhere at various levels of the game. How does the situation with Otz compare to Hallihan or any of the others that could have been considered to run the program? And how do you think these guys compare to each other?
F' Gar Forman :)

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Leonard Perry and Terry Carroll were both really solid working for Larry. Both ended up with Mid-Major jobs after the run. Perry at Idaho and Carroll at Denver.

eclone

Apr 10, 2006
Grimes
Ric Wesley has probably had the most long term coaching success out of all of the assistants, although not at the D1 level.

The 2015-16 campaign will be the 12th season for Ric Wesley as the head men’s basketball coach at Grand Valley State. During his time with the Lakers, Wesley has compiled an overall record of 237-92 (.720) and a GLIAC mark of 153-67 (.695). Wesley’s 237 victories are the second-most in program history, while his .720 winning percentage is the best among any Laker men’s basketball coach of more than one season.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Terry Carroll was a great recruiter. My buddy is his son and I believe lives in Burlington now as the AD for SE.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Fred Quartlebaum and Damon Archibald under WM.

WM now sells insurance. Archibald now sells office supplies.