Who whould win the Heisman?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This is not who is going to win. Who do you think deserves it?

I would go with
Suh from Nebraska. he changes the way a whole football game is played. The offense always has to watch for him. He is just an animal and seems like a decent guy.
Second I would go with a T Gerhart or M Ingram. Ingram probably get's the nod due to his team being undefeated and what he did to Florida.
Then McCoy
Then CJ Spiller. I also Like Masoli from Oregon.
I dont' think Tebow should be top 5. I just dont'. He is great but he did not get his team to the National Title and they have flat out more talent than any other team. His numbers were not great either. Just my opinion.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
How would Suh change the way a game is played but someone like Gerhart with 26 touchdowns and 1700 yards doesn't?

kansascy

Apr 28, 2006
Wichita, KS
I'd have to agree with Suh. Dominant and like you said, a game changer. It's rare to have a defensive player with this much consideration, but not sure if that will help or hurt in the final balloting.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
How would Suh change the way a game is played but someone like Gerhart with 26 touchdowns and 1700 yards doesn't?

Because Gerhart has big lineman making holes for him. Suh just kills people on his own. I like Gerhart though. Would not be disappointed if he won it. Also it would probably be the first white running back in 50 years to win the Heisman.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Because Gerhart has big lineman making holes for him. Suh just kills people on his own. I like Gerhart though. Would not be disappointed if he won it. Also it would probably be the first white running back in 50 years to win the Heisman.
Well by that reasoning no running back or quarterback would ever win the award.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Well by that reasoning no running back or quarterback would ever win the award.

No I am just saying that this year there is one player that stands above the others for his individual play and that is Suh.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
No I am just saying that this year there is one player that stands above the others for his individual play and that is Suh.
Based on the fact that Gerhart has to have people blocking for him though? That's crazy. Obviously Suh is the superior athlete, but to discount someone because they have to have an offensive line in order to do their job is ridiculous.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Colt McCoy

I don't know or care if Colt deserves the Heisman but what I find interesting about him is how may pundits use the phrase "body of work" with regard to his acomplishments. This seems to me to be an allusion to the fact that he had a couple good seasons when he didn't win so now it is somehow "his turn".

That phrase really gets under my skin because we were told back in '96 that Troy Davis' "body of work" didn't matter. It didn't matter that he had back to back 2000+ yard seasons because it's what you did that particular year.

I've lost all interest in the Heisman. It's just the best QB (and sometimes RB) on the best team award, that's all.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Based on the fact that Gerhart has to have people blocking for him though? That's crazy. Obviously Suh is the superior athlete, but to discount someone because they have to have an offensive line in order to do their job is ridiculous

Who is discounting him? You are trying to pick a fight that is rediculous. I am talking about an individual accomplisment. You even admit that Suh is the superior athlete. The difference if I had a vote would be that Suh did it by himself because they are pretty even as far as I am concerned. Without blockers Gerhart could not do what he did.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Who is discounting him? You are trying to pick a fight that is rediculous. I am talking about an individual accomplisment. You even admit that Suh is the superior athlete. The difference if I had a vote would be that Suh did it by himself because they are pretty even as far as I am concerned. Without blockers Gerhart could not do what he did.
So you think Suh could do what he did without his teammates also? I'm not picking a fight here, I'm trying to figure out what the hell it is you're saying.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
So you think Suh could do what he did without his teammates also? I'm not picking a fight here, I'm trying to figure out what the hell it is you're saying.

Yes if Suh played for Iowa State he would still dominate. If Suh played for Minnesota he would still dominate. If Tebow, Gerhart, McCoy, or any other person played for Minnesota or Iowa State they would NOT have had as good of season. Suh still would have ripped offenses apart.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
But you think Suh could do what he does if he was the only defensive lineman? The other 3 guys with him take up a blocker each, so he needs their help just like Gerhart needs his offensive line.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
But you think Suh could do what he does if he was the only defensive lineman? The other 3 guys with him take up a blocker each, so he needs their help just like Gerhart needs his offensive line.

No Suh would dominate if he had 3 crappy other lineman next to him. Gerhart would not dominate with 5 crappy lineman.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Suh or Gerhart won't get it, even though they are most deserving. It's not about individual acheivement, anymore. The Heisman lost all cedibility with me after Troy Davis got snubbed for back to back 2000 yards seasons because he played on a crappy team.

It's a popularity contest that either Ingram or McCoy will win, even though Jordan Shipley is probably more deserving than McCoy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron