Who whould win the Heisman?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I agree that Shipley is probably more deserving. C.J. Spiller would also make a good candidate. Kid can run and he is one of the greatest return guys to ever play the game.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I agree that Shipley is probably more deserving. C.J. Spiller would also make a good candidate. Kid can run and he is one of the greatest return guys to ever play the game.
Pfft, not without their linemen blocking for them.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I would say Colt McCoy, but anymore it is such a subjective award. Is it an MVP, or is it the best stats? I don't know the answer to that. I would have to Say McCoy. He completes 70% of his passes and has 27 touchdowns. That team is not undefeated without him. I could not argue against anyone else nominated with the exception of Tebow. This is not a career achievement award. If it were I would still say McCoy. The person, to me, that is under the radar and has no team support has been Spiller. That kid is a freak. It's a shame he doesn't have anyone else to help him out. Troy Davis should have also won 2 Heisman awards.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No Suh would dominate if he had 3 crappy other lineman next to him. Gerhart would not dominate with 5 crappy lineman.

I disagree. I think Suh finds protection with the other 3 guys being capable of greatness. It doesn't matter, he is still a beast and will ikely be a top 3 pick, could be 1 if the right team is picking.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Suh should win it. He is the most dominant player in college football. He is a freak of nature. I am not totally familiar with his stats but as I can recall, he never really had a bad game. he is the best college football player but he won't win it because he's not a glory boy.

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
Crazy that Davis didn't win it with the stats he put up. 2000+ yards two seasons in a row. Gerhart leads this year with 1736 yards with an extra game played. Hell, he probably won't get to 2000 with two extra games played. I never really realized how great of an accomplishment 2000 yards was until I looked at this...

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
I would probably vote in this order:

1. Suh
2. McCoy
3. Gerhart
4. Tebow
5. Ingram

- Alabama lost Ingram for a game and didn't miss much in their rushing attack... a lot of backs would have been successful at Alabama this year...
- Tebow is about all Florida had on Offense this year...
- Gerhart has been awesome, but his team is 8-4...
- McCoy has been awesome, and his team is 12-0...
- Suh dominated us and every other team he played against... He is the only reason we didn't score more vs. Nebraska...

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I'm starting to see more of a possibility that Suh could actually win this thing. The key is that he might be the most popular 2nd place choice. The 2 QB's seem to have lost support down the stretch, but will still have a decent number of #1 votes. The 2 RB's might get the most #1 votes, but most ballots will probably include only one of the RB's in the top 3.

Most of the ballots will probably be something like:
RB (either one)
Suh
QB (either one)

Another significant number of ballots will be cast along the lines of:
QB (either one)
Suh
RB (either one)

In summary, Suh might end up with the least number of #votes, but be listed on the most number of ballots. If he gets a scattering of #1's, he might end up on top.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Suh is the most deserving but Ingram will probably get it, IMO.

Suh is the defensive line version of Bo Jackson, Vince Young, Desmond Howard, Reggie Bush, Ty Detmer, Johny Rogers, etc

He literally takes games over, like the greatest players of all time do/did.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
I would say Colt McCoy, but anymore it is such a subjective award. Is it an MVP, or is it the best stats.
That's the problem, it doesn't specify. It is awarded to "the most oustanding college football player" which is such a vague statement. If it were an MVP award, I would say Suh or Gerhart. Best stats would probably go to McCoy.

Media Darling is also McCoy

Last edited: