Who will be our OC for the bowl game?

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
Is Herman gone immediately, or does he stick around through the game?

Which is better?

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
As of right now. With the staff being new at OSU, he will probably have to start recruiting for them so this may cause a conflict of interest. Especially since we have unsigned recruits that he is responsible for. Also, because of that the question is will he be "All In" to finish out the season.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
i don't think Herman has potential recruits lined up tat tOSU would want.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
12ppg below the conference average is not terrible considering our we have freshman QB and fresh/soph RB's. Not to mention how deep our line has become now. I think the OSU job was better so he left on his own terms.

quartercy

Nov 28, 2011
My guess....u have to be all in to play or coach with pr....he is not all in....so he will not. He will be all out starting today.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Arnaud being our OC for the bowl game would be hilarious. I'd have no problem if he was the QB coach going forward.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Will we ever know if he was ushered out? (or left on his own)

Being he is going to Ohio State I can't imagine he was pushed out, it's technically a big promotion for him going to a program with the history that OSU has even with all their pending sanctions.

C

CyBer

Being he is going to Ohio State I can't imagine he was pushed out, it's technically a big promotion for him going to a program with the history that OSU has even with all their pending sanctions.
Except he's not OC he's the quarterback coach.

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009

The last guy who held the position at Ohio State is referred to here as "the video editor".

Ohio State Hires Tom Herman

QB coach is not a promotion. Certainly not a "big" one. I'm sure he wants it for whatever reason, but straight line promotion? No way. Maybe it frees up his future prospects, but it is like going from the executive suite to the staff of another company in hopes that someday the hiring company will promote you to CEO, or you'll get noticed and stolen by a prestigious company for a better job.

But making the move from Offensive Coordinator to upgraded "video editor" (in OSU fans' words) is not a promotion.

Don't get me wrong - QB coach is critical and instrumental, but OC's don't get "promoted" to that position. The proper term is "reassigned."

Best case scenario, he's reshuffling his career to take a launch at a Head Coaching gig. Worst case? He goofed up. Also possible: force-out.

I honestly couldn't tell you which of the three is more likely. All of it is vague.

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
References from Urban Meyer I think look pretty good on a resume. It's a good move for him and I wish him well.

References from Joe Paterno and Jim Tressel used to look pretty good, too. I'd be a little skittish that Meyer hasn't recovered from his health anxiety yet. Wouldn't want to be around that mess if it blows up again like his last year at Florida.

They still haven't recovered from that.

In any case, which is really more attractive on the resume at the margin: helping refurbish the QB position next year with a 6-6 (or 8-5 or whatever) Ohio State team? Or running the offense of a 9-4 BCS team?

He's bypassing the opportunity for the latter for an opportunity at the former. Now, if his five year plan is to be a national title winning QB coordinator, Meyer gives (certainly doesn't guarantee) that opportunity.

In any case, it's a puzzler.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron