Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Neutral Fan - Iowa

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I got ya. Just trying to poke at you a bit.

Prediction: iowa's defense doesn't get any safeties this Saturday.
BOLD. Steamiest of hot takes!

I'd like to think we don't turn the ball over to them within our own red zone this year too, that'd be nice.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Didn't have many penalties, but the OL was so out of sync, I feel as if the refs missed a bunch of false starts because snapping the ball never looked smooth. It was very odd.
This will absolutely be buttoned up by Saturday.

ISU - 9
UI - 20

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think many people just have a hard time getting past the fcs labeling. Iowas offensive performance was horrendous yes. The last 2 times we have played UNI we have scored 1 touchdown against them (excluding overtime in 2019). Both of those years was our lowest score excluding the bowl game. Iowas offense will likely be bad all year long, but they likely will have plenty of games they manage to score in the 20s to 30s like they did last year. SDSU had an experienced defense last Saturday that played lights out. These top tier fcs teams typically seem much more sound than your average MAC or Sun Belt school.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Didn't have many penalties, but the OL was so out of sync, I feel as if the refs missed a bunch of false starts because snapping the ball never looked smooth. It was very odd.

I swear I've seen this in multiple games so far.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Kirk has beaten our coach 6 times, this is an away game..... Hope Campbell was on the phone Jack Rabbits John for some tips. The first time ISU beat Iowa after a long time was on the on road.....
Yea, I hope our coach is on the phone to their coach who had absolutely no success against the hoks last weekend. A lot to learn there, brilliant analysis.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
ISU 23-10 because I prefer to pick ISU. My only takeaways from last week's game were that X is really good, Dekkers seems ready (hard to tell though when X was so dominant) and our d-backs look pretty good, too.

One big concern I have is Dekkers' low arm angle when he throws. Iowa's d-line has tipped an awful lot of passes the last few games. I know Purdy is shorter than Dekkers but I hope that arm angle doesn't offset the height difference.

• Informative
Reactions: SCarolinaCy

Mar 21, 2021
This game is going to be so interesting. I see Iowa is favored by 4 with O/U at 41, which essentially is a prediction of Iowa beating ISU 22.5 to 18.5. Can Iowa's weak looking offense lay 22+ on us. Can our aerial attack under Dekkers be held to 18? Will Iowa again win the turnover battle?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Total slugfest coming where both offenses look bad. One because Iowa's defense is legit and one because they're so bad and are going to have trouble consistently blocking McDonald. That doesn't look like an Iowa Offensive Line.

Iowa State 17
Iowa 13

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Have to go with Iowa. Until a Campbell coached team shows me it can: A) make less mistakes than Iowa and B) not lose points and field position on special tams it's hard to say anything else.

My head is telling me Iowa wins by 7 or less and Tory Taylor helps create a 100+ yard field position gap in special teams (punts downed inside in the 10, returns, etc). He was the MVP of the game last year and may very well repeat that feat. If somehow we don't lose the turnover battle and keep special teams respectable I think we win. I just don't think it will happen.

• Agree
Reactions: SCarolinaCy

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Until we actually beat Iowa, I just can't pick it or bring myself to expect it.
I get that but damn this seems like it should be the year. (That's not original either, unfortunately.)

Iowa looking so unbelievably dreadful on offense last week did this. Can we ensure a repeat is the question.

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
I get that but damn this seems like it should be the year. (That's not original either, unfortunately.)

Iowa looking so unbelievably dreadful on offense last week did this. Can we ensure a repeat is the question.
Cant determine it from the opening game. Jack rabbits are a well coached team. Iowa state would have struggled with them also. You will see a much improved Iowa team this Saturday. This has happened year in year out.

Iowa state has not had a convincing victory against Iowa since 1998 , when the final score was 27 - 9

Close games favor Kirk in this series.

Sep 10, 2015
Hawk fans at their best on HR!! Great comedy for the day!!

View attachment 102542
Personally, I’ve started coming to this board just to get cheered up every now and then. The Iowa board is primarily doom and gloom, like we just might have the worst offense in the history of CFB. This board on the other hand seems oddly optimistic that Iowa can turn it around and muster at least a semi-competent offense on Saturday.