Who's On Pollard's Short List?

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I just want the ISU administration to ask the candidates if they watch video of their own team performances and can objectively oppo coach. A IQ minimum would be fine with me too.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Texas Tech and UTSA gained success from hiring top Texas high school coaches... Any good ones in the state of Iowa?

Maybe get some Madden genius, dead serious that any simulation player would never have kept running same running plays all first half.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Campbell sticks with his assistants and players. Often times longer than he should. Look at the offensive line situation. We finally got a new OL coach 1-2 years too late. Even though ISU changed OL coaches, ISU stuck with the OL players we had and did not bring in anyone from the portal. In part because it took so long to hire the new OL coach that all the portal players went elsewhere. If ISU doesn't use the portal to bring in several OL players, it will take 2-3 years to build a quality OL group.

ISU wont release Campbell but if it happened, I would look at the HC at Idaho.
He has an excellent offensive mind.

The other coach I would look at is the Texas State HC (former Incarnate Word HC)
He has had several very good offenses. He also extensively used the transfer portal to rebuild Texas State this past year.

Give a 30 to 50% bump to all the defensive staff to stay. Maybe even keep most of the offensive staff. Most are new and young. Change the man at the top and the offensive system and that might be enough.

Campbell's system worked when he arrived at ISU but the College football world has changed. NIL, transfer portal and new timing rules to new a few changes. Campbell has to adapt or ISU needs to adapt.
Jason Candle. 40 ppg, plus he’s worked with 60% of this staff. Hire him you may even retain Heacock

Reactions: clone2003

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
Every AD has one in case of tragedy. And we are there. Discuss.
Certainly not Satterfield or Gundy.

As low as we are feeling at least we didn’t get thumped at home.

Last edited:

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Someone
Actual question here. Who would actually come here and succeed?

Our entire defense will get paid by the blue blood and Heacock probably leaves when Campbell is out. There won't be talent waiting for the new coach. We're in a ****** place for recruting. We have no money for transfers. Not a single person has ever been a consistent winner here. We're still not a top half job in a conference that isnt going to be good at football going forward either if this seasons results tell us anything.

I don't see CMC winning here either in the future so I'm not saying dont fire him. But maybe we gotta call a spade a spade with our place in the CFB world.

There's a lot of good coaches out there who will win somewhere we could hire. But will they win here?
Someone is going to pull Heacock away, and with that Campbell is out.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16

tavrncy

Mar 29, 2023
Isn’t he a defensive guy? Why not just poach his OC?

No he was Campbell's OC at Toledo and I think calls the plays. A couple years ago he almost left to take the Miami OC job similar to how Sean Lewis quit as Kent State head coach to be OC at Colorado this year. I would not hire him though, his teams always underachieved before last year aside from the first couple when it was all Campbell players

Help Support Us

Become a patron