Whose Interested in a Charter Bus???

Would you be intersted in taking a charter bus to Tempe?

• Yes

Votes: 50 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
I have contacted or will be contacting shortly 7 different charter bus companies to see what kind of rates I could get for a charter down to Tempe. Hopefully I know how to do a poll correctly to see how many people would seriously be interested in this :wink:

My plans would be to take off from Des Moines on the evening of December 29th and then leave Tempe to head back to Des Moines on January 2nd. Please only people with serious interest post in this so I can see if it will in deed be worth our time and money. This would be a transportation only trip so tickets, hotels, food, and drinks would be all on you.

As has been posted in other threads it would probably be cheaper to get a group of 3 or 4 guys and drive down on your own but take in to consideration this idea makes it so you can just sit back and relax while somebody else does the driving and also probably won't be so cramped depending on what kind of car you get in. I'm guessing it will cost at least $225/person and could be upwards of $300/person for this trip but that is just a guess until I hear back.

Please vote or post any info you feel is relevent.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Would seriously consider it depending on where airline tix prices end up falling within the next few days. I believe they have or will peak soon so I'd assume we'll see them come back down again….the only question is where they end up landing (no pun intended). Strong desire to fly, but will not pay more than mid $600's to fly out of Des Moines

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Would seriously consider it depending on where airline tix prices end up falling within the next few days. I believe they have or will peak soon so I'd assume we'll see them come back down again….the only question is where they end up landing (no pun intended). Strong desire to fly, but will not pay more than mid $600's to fly out of Des Moines

Fly allegiant from DSM to Vegas. Then jump on another flight from Vegas on down. You can do it for just under $600 I believe

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Too late - already decided to drive ourselves and have made reservations and planned a stop by the Grand Canyon as well. Why doesn't the University/CGC/AA arrange charter bus service from the get go? The majority of fans cannot afford the chartered plan type service so why not offer another option -low cost!

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
If I wasn't trying to catch a plane back to Maryland I'd love to do it. Glad to see someone is looking into this, as there seems to be demand for it

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
rent a van and go from there...be cheaper and easier to fill...filling a van with 7 is easier than a bus with 35....then you save more money

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
So here's the info. Trans Iowa Charters has a 56 passenger charter bus. This is leaving early morning December 30th and heading back early morning January 2nd. This saves everybody one nights stay in a hotel as opposed to if we left the evening of December 29th as the difference between the two is only about $5/person but then you have to add another night in a hotel. Anyhow, if we can get 50 people on this bus it will be $219/person. This will be just for a ride down there, a ride to and from the game, and a ride home. Since most will be staying in seperate hotels we thought it would be best if it drops us off and picks us up at the airport so people can rent cars or catch the hotel shuttles from there. Please PM me if you have true interest and I will get your name, phone #, and email address. Once again we can only make this possible if we get at least 50 people the are going. If we can get 55 it would be $198/person.

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
Also, Trans Iowa Charters is passing this info on to the Cyclone Gridiron Club to see if they have any interest in having their members join our trip.

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
So here's the info. Trans Iowa Charters has a 56 passenger charter bus. This is leaving early morning December 30th and heading back early morning January 2nd. This saves everybody one nights stay in a hotel as opposed to if we left the evening of December 29th as the difference between the two is only about $5/person but then you have to add another night in a hotel. Anyhow, if we can get 50 people on this bus it will be $219/person. This will be just for a ride down there, a ride to and from the game, and a ride home. Since most will be staying in seperate hotels we thought it would be best if it drops us off and picks us up at the airport so people can rent cars or catch the hotel shuttles from there. Please PM me if you have true interest and I will get your name, phone #, and email address. Once again we can only make this possible if we get at least 50 people the are going. If we can get 55 it would be $198/person.

any chance this bus will be traveling through KC and could pick up people?

CydLiner

Nov 13, 2009
Ankeny
So we wouldn't be getting there until the morning of the game? I would imagine the bus is going to be slower than the 24hr ride that google says.

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
Another option is to leave the evening of the 29th. That is $5/person more and another night in a hotel when we get there. The 29th is my preference but I don't have to pay for the extra night in the hotel in AZ since I'm staying w/my aunt so I didn't want to make that call myself. If people have more interest in leaving the evening of the 29th we can do that instead. It will just be about $5 more per person if we get 50-56 people.

Also, I replied to your PM Kcclones and if we are headed that direction and there is enough interest from people in the KC area we could make a stop to pick them up in a central location on the way. I would have to double check on the route of the bus to make sure but please let me know how much interest we would get from the KC area.