Whose making the trip this weekend?

CYdways432

Jan 22, 2015
Cedar Rapids
Who is making the trip to kinnick this weekend to cheer on the cyclones?

My dad mentioned a while back that he had never been to a game there so I figured this would be as good as opportunity for him to see it so we will be down there. We will be the couple cyclone fans in 334 row 4.

Can't wait for ISU to win their season opener on the road :cool:

Reactions: aauummm and SC Cy

IaStateFB 1

Aug 27, 2018
Heading down Thursday to start the weekend but probably not going into the game. Last time I checked tickets were over $130.

This is my first time going to IC as a college student, any tips? My buddy's in IC told me I shouldn't wear Iowa State clothing.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Heading down Thursday to start the weekend but probably not going into the game. Last time I checked tickets were over $130.

This is my first time going to IC as a college student, any tips? My buddy's in IC told me I shouldn't wear Iowa State clothing.
Don’t be a puss. Wear Iowa State clothing and be proud. Done that at kinnick a handful of times.

CYdways432

Jan 22, 2015
Cedar Rapids

I've worn ISU gear everytime I went. Most people were fine, but like anywhere there will always be a few jacka$$es.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Of course your Iowa City friends said don't wear Cyclone gear...

I'll be there. Glad to have been able to go 5 times in a row now. Always have a lot of fun tailgating there. Enjoy the wins because it's been horrors there enough times. I think we bring a great team this year. Looking forward to a great game.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I laugh every year when someone says “don’t wear Iowa state stuff to Iowa city” as if they are going to shoot you for it.

There will be a lot of good banter and some complete tools. I’ve had a great time every time I’ve gone to an ISU game in Kinnick.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

When I went I wore an Iowa State intramural champion T-shirt to let them know that I could **** them up at pickle ball.

I’ve been to two games there and they were both a blast.

Reactions: IaStateFB 1

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
I'm headed to the game. Will be second time in IC. First time wore Iowa State gear. Worst thing from it was several birds directed at me and a multitude of curse words shouted my way.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

Why wouldn't you wear your colors and be proud? Just ignore the stupid pieces of ****.

IaStateFB 1

Aug 27, 2018
Why wouldn't you wear your colors and be proud? Just ignore the stupid pieces of ****.
I'd like to avoid fights and beer being thrown at me. Drunk college students are very unpredictable. I'll wear some Cyclone gear on Thursday night at the bars and see how it goes.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I'd like to avoid fights and beer being thrown at me. Drunk college students are very unpredictable. I'll wear some Cyclone gear on Thursday night at the bars and see how it goes.

Wearing Iowa State gear to the bar the Thursday night before the game would just be obnoxious. Wear your colors on Saturday. Stand up straight with your shoulders back and if someone wants to get into your face stand your ground. Most people are all bark and no bite and just want to test you. Dont be obnoxious and drawing extra attention to yourself though.

I'll be there with my Georges Niang jersey. No bigger troll of the hawks than Georges <3.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Hotel room was booked back in January. We get to see two football games in IC this weekend. Friday night we get to see the Ames Little Cyclones go up against Iowa City High. Bought tickets to the for the ISU-Iowa game 3 weeks ago and got 8 tickets in the north end zone.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron