Why do we even play UNI anymore?

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I almost started a thread titled Iowa Wesleyan because I knew this thread was coming. If UNI and Drake can keep it close, we should just schedule Iowa Wesleyan.

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
I almost started a thread titled Iowa Wesleyan because I knew this thread was coming. If UNI and Drake can keep it close, we should just schedule Iowa Wesleyan.
Are you sure we wouldn't have a nail-biter with them too?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I agree with both sides. We shouldn’t have to dodge UNI, but if you can, why not. Pollard will always schedule them every two years to help them out though.

Schedule a Towson or someone ******. It allows you to get backups some reps and helps prevents injury. Newell never would’ve got hurt in OT if that was case.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I agree with both sides. We shouldn’t have to dodge UNI, but if you can, why not. Pollard will always schedule them every two years to help them out though.

Schedule a Towson or someone ******. It allows you to get backups some reps and helps prevents injury. Newell never would’ve got hurt in OT if that was case.

You don't know that. Injuries can happen at any time, even the first play of the game. Many are just fluke deals.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Do any top tier programs schedule any FCS with a pulse? We are basically paying them for coin flip. I'm not saying hide from UNI. I'm saying... maybe stop scheduling FCS entirely unless it's going to be a functionally free bye week.

Yes to win a championship we should be able to beat them. But recognizing the reality that we are doing scheduling wrong putting what amounts to two extremely emotionally driven games on the books at the beginning of a season where our coaches insist on not showing off the playbook is a sign that we still think we are some 3-9 team that doesnt have better choices

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Disclaimer: we really didn’t look good and had to prove it today to barely pull this one out (that’s what she said), but scheduling them all the time never helps us. Let’s breathe a sigh of relief and get our s*it together for Iowa because if we play the same we are dead. I trust this was the slap in the face we needed.