Why does Jamie Pollard block fans on Twitter?

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
I use my real name on Twitter. I tweeted him his own quote from when he fired Dan McCarney. I was implying he should apply the same criteria to the current coach. I suppose you could argue that makes me a d-bag. I didn't think it was block-worthy but whatevs.

You lose all credibility for using the term "whatevs".

Last edited:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Meh, it seems like the people who already had an issue with Pollard are the ones up in arms over this.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Another thing to think about is the volume of tweets he gets. Whether it is positive, neutral, or negative. I don't know about you guys and I'm sure I'm on the other extreme, but I rarely get notifications and when I do get a lot I tend to get annoyed because it is interfering with what I'm actually doing. If I were Pollard I would have very little patience for stuff that is negative or otherwise rude. I would be annoyed by someone saying I'm doing a great job.

Also the Baylor thing people need to get over. Lazard said something similar. While they had an excuse for not showing up to that game, our fans have had excuses to not show up when it is freezing cold and still shown up. Also I don't know for sure, but Chris seemed to dispel the rumor that the Baylor account did not block Pollard.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Another thing to think about is the volume of tweets he gets. Whether it is positive, neutral, or negative. I don't know about you guys and I'm sure I'm on the other extreme, but I rarely get notifications and when I do get a lot I tend to get annoyed because it is interfering with what I'm actually doing. If I were Pollard I would have very little patience for stuff that is negative or otherwise rude. I would be annoyed by someone saying I'm doing a great job.

Also the Baylor thing people need to get over. Lazard said something similar. While they had an excuse for not showing up to that game, our fans have had excuses to not show up when it is freezing cold and still shown up. Also I don't know for sure, but Chris seemed to dispel the rumor that the Baylor account did not block Pollard.

You know you can turn the notifications off right?

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
Just my 2 cents. A power trip would involve forcing something on someone else. He's just refusing to listen to people that he views as excessively and needlessly negative.

Given the format of twitter, it's not a good medium for having a dialogue. It's more effective simply as a source of information.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008

The Baylor twitter account blocked Pollard thing. I was the one that first said it. But it was never meant to be taken seriously! But some people did.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
This thread reminded me of the times when Bruce van de Velde used to come on these forums and get into p$$ing matches with other posters. Without ever admitting it was him.

I've got a list of minor to moderate complaints against Pollard. But compared to BVD.....

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Huh, just found out I'm blocked by JP. Not sure whether I should be offended or impressed.

Seriously confused though, very curious now as to which Tweet would have gotten me blocked, as I don't typically get too negative (at least about ISU) on Twitter.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Huh, just found out I'm blocked by JP. Not sure whether I should be offended or impressed.

Seriously confused though, very curious now as to which Tweet would have gotten me blocked, as I don't typically get too negative (at least about ISU) on Twitter.

Sometimes I think people accidentally get blocked. For example, I'm blocked by Randy Peterson and I've literally never tweeted at him.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

You shouldn't have voiced your displeasure about Miss Thailand getting in the top 5 at Miss Universe then. Everyone knows JP was a big Miss Thailand guy.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If you mention JP in a tweet that has profanity he will block you. My buddy did that on accident and didn't mean to keep him in the retweet and he was blocked immediately.

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Jamie think's he's so punk rock blocking people on twitter and then taunting them publicly about it on the radio. Oh yeah Jamie? I don't even have a twitter account. That's how much I hate society you simple newb.

Jimlad for the stupids.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone