Why is the ACC getting more

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I may be misremembering but when was it decided that the. Big and the SEc got way more playoff revenue? And why is the ACC getting more than the Big 12?

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I may be misremembering but when was it decided that the. Big and the SEc got way more playoff revenue? And why is the ACC getting more than the Big 12?
I think it has to do with more playoff wins overall. The Big 12 only has one win.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
The percentages were supposedly based on conference members that have made an appearance to date. With losing OU and Texas, that left us at one appearance (TCU).

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The percentages were supposedly based on conference members that have made an appearance to date. With losing OU and Texas, that left us at one appearance (TCU).

Complete ********. Without OuT, more Big12 members would have made it as conference champs. You can’t just say well they’re not part of the conference anymore so their appearances count towards the SEC without the context of them not being in the SEC in those years. It’s like the Big10 counting Nebraska’s national titles in their total.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
It's part of what Pollard was talking about the other day, the B10 and SEC have stacked the deck to ensure that they get more teams into the 12-team playoff, and therefore get more money from it. Those with the Gold make the rules and that is what the B10 and SEC is doing here. Pollard was just calling them out on it before it hit the news cycle because he is in a position to know before it was announced.

Last edited:

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Complete ********. Without OuT, more Big12 members would have made it as conference champs. You can’t just say well they’re not part of the conference anymore so their appearances count towards the SEC without the context of them not being in the SEC in those years. It’s like the Big10 counting Nebraska’s national titles in their total.
LOL, that's right, love how the Big 10 Network likes to claim the Nebraska NTs as their own.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It's all hot garbage anymore....I've drifted more to NFL the last few years as they at least have a salary cap and some rules.

The NCAA rules are what kept some conferences down for decades because they followed them. I guess they should have just ignored all recruiting rules like the SEC and come out ahead in today’s arms race. Oh well, hindsight is a *****.

Mar 21, 2021
LOL, that's right, love how the Big 10 Network likes to claim the Nebraska NTs as their own.
It'd get complicated if one goes way back in time. Iowa, Drake and ISU were once together in the same conference.

Reactions: khardbored

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
B1G Network has played a replay of the Scott Frost 1997 Flea Kicker NU-Mizzou game a few times. I get that fans should be able to watch those games, but it makes me sick seeing a Big 8 matchup plastered with their logo as if it’s part of the Big 10’s rich history.

Revolution

Oct 15, 2011
The real question is how often do they revisit the break down percentages. If done fairly this problem should fix itself over time as the new CFP plays out.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
B1G Network has played a replay of the Scott Frost 1997 Flea Kicker NU-Mizzou game a few times. I get that fans should be able to watch those games, but it makes me sick seeing a Big 8 matchup plastered with their logo as if it’s part of the Big 10’s rich history.
True. It's crazy. As time goes on, the youngins' may think it was eventually the case and not know the true history.

I'm not surprised to hear the BIG / SEC is using it's superior negotiating leverage to arrange the contracts in such a way, but man it stinks.

Reactions: MugNight