Why is the ACC getting more

Revolution

Oct 15, 2011
I’m as cynical as they come. There’s no way they are letting this get reviewed or revised.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
True. It's crazy. As time goes on, the youngins' may think it was eventually the case and not know the true history.

I'm not surprised to hear the BIG / SEC is using it's superior negotiating leverage to arrange the contracts in such a way, but man it stinks.

There was a guy in his 20's on KXNO who was shocked when he found out that Penn State was not an original Big 10 School.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
The real question is how often do they revisit the break down percentages. If done fairly this problem should fix itself over time as the new CFP plays out.
They’ve set up the big and sec to get more teams each year, ensuring that they will always get a greater share. ACC, who knows but the needle won’t change much.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Complete ********. Without OuT, more Big12 members would have made it as conference champs. You can’t just say well they’re not part of the conference anymore so their appearances count towards the SEC without the context of them not being in the SEC in those years. It’s like the Big10 counting Nebraska’s national titles in their total.
Sure but that wouldn't result in giving more money to anyone other than the big 12 so nope.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
There was a guy in his 20's on KXNO who was shocked when he found out that Penn State was not an original Big 10 School.
They were on the North, Union, if memory serves me correctly. That was a long time ago.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
The real question is how often do they revisit the break down percentages. If done fairly this problem should fix itself over time as the new CFP plays out.
According to Yormark, there is a "look-in" provision in 2028 to possibly makes changes to payout %'s and auto qualifiers. If ESPN doesn't pick up the 2027 option on the ACC TV deal (likely IMO), the ACC will be gone by then.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron