Why Shouldn't Steve Prohm Lose His Job If We Get Annihilated By Iowa?

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Can you imagine what this team would look like with a senior Wigginton, two juniors of Haliburton and THT plus senior center Cam Lard running the floor. We'd be incredible.

Prohm has to find a way to reload versus rebild or something like that

• Haha
Reactions: twojman

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Good job, good effort.

What Fran has going these past couple seasons is heavily the result of Garza. Mix in some veteran guard play and they are going to be a good college basketball team. Nothing in the pipeline suggests it’s maintainable.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
They probably have been, depending on how old you are.

Not in basketball that I can remember. I remember hearing Johnny use to make fun of Iowa, but not even during the disaster GMAC days was Iowa ever a litmus test for basketball. When you are playing close to 30 games a season too much can happen/change from early December through March.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Can we actually play the damn game before we start talking about firing the coach? If we get hammered Friday, and end up with another disappointing season, then Prohm will and should be on the hot seat for keeping his job. Lets at least give the guy this season, and see how we look before we start talking about replacing him.

isu83

May 5, 2010
I am absolutely sick of being annihilated by Iowa. I will lay off if the game is close, but we all know it will not be. CSP will be lucky if he only loses by 30. And I am sick of that. I have been fired from several jobs for not being a very good employee, why can't CSP lose his job?
Dumb

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If I have to choose between a buyout of Prohm’s contract or a raising of Campbell’s and his staff’s then I’m more than happy with a couple more years of mediocre basketball.
200.gif

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Prohm should have been fired after the Florida A&M game.

I don't know at what point Pollard will actually fire him.

Get over it, and quit watching. That's what I did for the most part, and my life is better for it. I'll be back when something changes. If you're not entertained, why invest yourself?

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Prohms going to come back next year and we’re going to finish in the bottom 2 of the conference 4 out of 5 years and people are still going to be like “give him one more year to turn it around” like he hasn’t already killed Hilton Magic and put this program in the ICU.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
I am absolutely sick of being annihilated by Iowa. I will lay off if the game is close, but we all know it will not be. CSP will be lucky if he only loses by 30. And I am sick of that. I have been fired from several jobs for not being a very good employee, why can't CSP lose his job?
Our team, our season, and our program ( football and basketball) are much bigger than “how we do against Iowa”. Stop anchoring to that.

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Can we actually play the damn game before we start talking about firing the coach? If we get hammered Friday, and end up with another disappointing season, then Prohm will and should be on the hot seat for keeping his job. Lets at least give the guy this season, and see how we look before we start talking about replacing him.
Umm do you guys want to tell him or should I?

Reactions: GTO

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
1. It's tenuous at best to consider sweeping the basement and the driveway at your mom's house to be employment.
2. Be nicer to your mom, and consider doing the sweeping for free next time...

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Maybe the internet experts on CF need to start treating this game like a 'Superbowl'.
Prohm is about to lose by double-digits for the 4th time in 5 games and Blowharnnon and McCaff Jr will leave with winning records against us - think about that while you puke your guts out.